Toilet Waste pipe fall

ratus

Hi just wondered if any plumbers on here could advise,

just had a Wallace cupboard knocked through which held a waste pipe from upstairs, the plumber reckons it has to be a 45 degree angle which has left us with a pipe sticking out a good 8 inches from the wall pic attached.

Thanks in advance Ratus

post-4601-0-25049200-1427630605_thumb.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

plastic soil pipe if memory serves is 1:40 fall the pipe can run along the ceiling with about a fall of about 5mm you will be able to get this with a 90* bend and the same on the bottom under the floor so you will be left with a stack nice and tight to the wall not difficult to do

depending on your joist direction it may be possible to set your pipe into the ceiling and will look even better

Saltings,

Thanks for your reply the joists run left to right as you looking at pipe so it could be set higher, I'm putting in my snag list tomorrow to him as I'm not happy with it, I believe he's just done the minimum amount of work. And used old pipes from radiator fittings to new ones.

Where the pipe goes into the floor, that's where the outlet is, I asked if could not extend it to the wall, by digging down and the extend, he obviously hasn't botherd.

I think you need a plumber that knows what he is doing it can be set at 1 in 40 as already said get the floor opened up and extend the connection.If the pipe falls to steeply it can let the water go and leave behind the other stuff

Edited by B725

Saltings,

Thanks for your reply the joists run left to right as you looking at pipe so it could be set higher, I'm putting in my snag list tomorrow to him as I'm not happy with it, I believe he's just done the minimum amount of work. And used old pipes from radiator fittings to new ones.

Where the pipe goes into the floor, that's where the outlet is, I asked if could not extend it to the wall, by digging down and the extend, he obviously hasn't botherd.

sorting under the floor is not a problem either as you can get all sort of angle fittings including fully adjustable from 0 to 90* take no excuses, right first time is the cheapest way to do the job

Yes that's just fine.

Said no one ever...

Top could have been run between joist's and shouldn't the bottom to into a restbend as it hits the underground pipe?

Thanks for all of your replys guys cheers for all your input, I'll speak to him tomorrow, and if he's a tw** about it I'll report him, if I don't bury him under the floor boards,

Ratus

Edited by ratus

Right folks, have a good look at the pic.

The problem is that the joists run across (you can just see in the top left) so you CAN'T just open up the ceiling, and run the pipe in the void, as you'd be cutting out all the structural integrity in the joists.

Choices

1. Relocate the loo to by the wall (we don't know upstairs layout)

2. Run the soil pipe along the floor upstairs, with the appropriate drop, going to a 90 bend to the main drop(by far the easiest, but we don't know the layout upstairs)

3. Small vertical drop where the pipe comes through the ceiling at present, then along the ceiling to the wall, then another 90 to the main drop, and box it in. (not ideal in my opinion, I never liked too many changes of direction, etc.)

Oh, and where the pipe enters the slab need doing properly. I can't imagine anyone from Building Control passing that lot.