how long before you changed guns ?

mickmep

hi all.

just wondered how long you kept using your first shotgun before 'needing' to upgrade/change it ?

question brought on by another recent post.

personally bought a fairly cheap semi auto as a first gun, but started changing after around 4 months.

think i may have a bit of a disorder, managed to get through 13 in just over 2 years :blush:

managed to keep 9 of those, although to be fair some are a bit unusual and bought for the novelty factor.

is it just me ?

Guest cookoff013

i learned on a browning, bought a beretta. sold the beretta bought a miroku. bought a game gun and then a pump.

i did plan on getting rid of the pump. but didnt.

think i may have a bit of a disorder, managed to get through 13 in just over 2 years :blush:

managed to keep 9 of those, although to be fair some are a bit unusual and bought for the novelty factor.

is it just me ?

If this is the norm then this sport will cost me more than I thought.... I am giving up motorbikes because I buy too many, 17 in 8 years!! I thought my wallet would be safer with guns!

I am giving up motorbikes because I buy too many, 17 in 8 years!! I thought my wallet would be safer with guns!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Inherited a SxS bought a 525 (still have both) If i could have i would have bought at least 3 more since...

Cynergy Black Ice, MK60 20 Bore, SX3 Flannigan or L/H Remmy 1100, PErhaps a L/H Benelli!

Edited by HDAV

Bought a berretta al390 gold mallard paid 800 quid for it and it was immaculate and never ever ever jammed no matter what loads went through it I couldn't fault it for that but I couldnt hit anything with it so sold it and bought a 150 quid laurona over and under then bought a mossberg pump then bought a single barrel baikal 12g for 20 quid just cos it was 20 quid lol. Then bought a .410 investarm over and under then bought a silenced .410 hushpower then bought a side by side for 100 quid with ejectors sold both .410 and pump now want another gold mallard but too expensive now and a shorter one maybe a 26 inch one the one I had was a 30 inch like swinging a drain pipe.

I find if you get on with something why change? Im into motorbikes too, and ive had the same bike now for 10 years!!!

With regards to shotguns, i had my first gun for about 5 years I think. Was a cheapie baikel o/u i paid 100quid for. I bought a beretta al391 shortly afterwards and still have that now as i get on really well with it. Outside of that, I part ex`d the baikel after keeping it for 5 years for a lanber o/u and still have that today also. Bought other guns along the way and sold a couple of them, but the ones I get on well with I keep.

If you dont get on with it, then fair enough, sell it off!

My first gun that I had was a Beretta 682 still use it today over 20 years and is still my preferred gun I have some sbs that I bought for game shooting and have had 3 410s that I could not get on with or wanted a change now I have the 410 that my Dad let me borrow when I was a kid started with it when I was 7.

I'm with Jackinbox99 on this one. If you are shooting well with the gun or guns you have stick with them,for as sure as fate will have it,if you change your gun you may find you don't or can't get on with the new one and will end up regreting selling in the first place.

Having said that i'm sure theres "the kid in the sweet shop syndrome" in all of us and i certainly drool over some guns that i see for sale or when i go into the local gun shop. Came very close to px my Master side by side for an AYA best boxlock. Lovely gun but in the end i resisted the temptation :rolleyes:

ATB Pat

oh well i used to have a real gun buying addiction :blush: i would buy one for the weekend sometimes then sell it back to the shop on monday,i know shamefull.

in 5 years i recon ive had 25-30 diffrent shotguns :blush: :blink:

it all started with a boito 12g sbs (got traided in for 250 cartriges)

then a breda 3 shot (that i still have)

a brescia sbs

a nickerson folding o/u

a webly bolt 410

a single 410

a sbs 20b

a browning o/u

a belgian 12g hammer gun

a charles lancaster 12g sbs

a army and navy sbs 12g

a charles lancaster live pigeon gun

a berreta semi outo

3 diffrent cooey single barrle 12g

an v nice italian 20g o/u that i gave a girlfreind as a christmas presant :no::oops:

we should all sit in a circle " my names neil and i have a problem" :lol:

My first gun that I had was a Beretta 682 still use it today over 20 years and is still my preferred gun I have some sbs that I bought for game shooting and have had 3 410s that I could not get on with or wanted a change now I have the 410 that my Dad let me borrow when I was a kid started with it when I was 7.

i bet you're a cracking shot with that 410!

I started off with a Browning 525 Sporter Grade 1 about three and a half years ago. Decided to go for a dedicated clay buster so sold the 525 and invested in a second hand Beretta 682 Gold E in September '09 and haven't regretted it since :) Only other gun on my licence is a Mossberg88 Pump which i bought for a spot of pigeon shooting one day :lol:

oh well i used to have a real gun buying addiction :blush: i would buy one for the weekend sometimes then sell it back to the shop on monday,i know shamefull.

in 5 years i recon ive had 25-30 diffrent shotguns :blush: :blink:

it all started with a boito 12g sbs (got traided in for 250 cartriges)

then a breda 3 shot (that i still have)

a brescia sbs

a nickerson folding o/u

a webly bolt 410

a single 410

a sbs 20b

a browning o/u

a belgian 12g hammer gun

a charles lancaster 12g sbs

a army and navy sbs 12g

a charles lancaster live pigeon gun

a berreta semi outo

3 diffrent cooey single barrle 12g

an v nice italian 20g o/u that i gave a girlfreind as a christmas presant :no::oops:

we should all sit in a circle " my names neil and i have a problem" :lol:

You aint the only one mate i changed 34 in 7years :lol: i just couldnt help it.I did get a knock at the door though and asked by my feo if i was dealing but he soon relised i just liked waisting my money :lol:.I sold them now just stick to one semi auto on my firearms.But its so tempting having my sgc there with all them empty slots :oops:.

I'm not called Neil but I too have a shotgun buying problem. I'd bought 6 having had the licence for about 6 months! Settled at about 3 now, but still looking for a nice SxS. Started with a Baikal O/U - that lasted about 4 months. At the same time, I got a 410 bolt action, two pump actions and a semi auto. Got rid of both pumps, still have the semi and the 410. Also upgraded the Baikal to a Lanber. :hmm: