Cravings from yesteryear

Toombsy

Being able to jump on the bus even as it was pulling off.

Agreed, for a number of years I used to get the Routemaster up and down the Strand on a daily basis. A very practical and iconic bus suited to central London.

I never quite understood why it got taken out of service - urban myth tells of a tourist who got injured and sued for trillions or that the bus contravened disability discrimination legislation and had to go.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh as before Texan bars, wham bars (before they shrunk) highland toffee.....

Pints of blastaway (diamond White and castaway) don't miss the hangover tho!!

And god do I miss proper midget gems, not the horrible rancid type places sell these days and being able to buy a quarter!

Old fashioned Tizer and Dandelion and Burdock - scrumping fruit from someone elses orchard - camping out during the hay harvest. Joules bitter and a castella cigar after a days farm work. Youth itself and a boundless joy and expectation of life. E type jags for a £1000 brand new. The list is long

and shows how old I am !!!

i still crave the odd ex girlfriend :blush::D , but most of all proper milkyways . not the orrible things they make now.

How odd was she?

Petrol at 3/7p a gallon - not sure now what it is in new money - something like 17.5p -- when I was a smoker - Passion Cloud - anyone remember them.

dave

You mean Passing Clouds? Smelled like a Turkish Harem.

What I miss is being able to get to work five days a week, 15 miles each way, and then go fishing 30 miles to Wetherby and back at the weekend on a gallon of petrol (Honda SS50)