Girlfriend won't have guns in the house.

Kidney505

It`s your life, live It the way you want :good:

I must have the most tolerant partner In the land :rolleyes: either that or she has just gave up :lol:

I remember her saying that my 9 year old son would never be allowed a gun when I mentioned that he should come shooting with me :sly:

He now has a .177 air rifle / 410 o/u shotgun and a single 12 bore :D

She was the same with dead stuff being brought Into the house :no: she came In the other day and I was boiling out a roe head In her big soup pot In the kitchen :P

You only go round once mate so you may as well enjoy It ;)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thats a step too far, even I went out and bought a new pot to boil roe heads in. Have a camping stove outside just so she doesn't know it has been on the hob though ;) Some things are bordering on pushing the boundaries too far and thats one of them :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mine tolerates dead stuff in the fridge and freezer,and birds hanging outside in 'season',guns in bits on the kitchen table and my son and daughter firing their air-rifles in the garden,but now draws the line at ferrets in the house after a couple of accidents! :blush:

If you carry on she'll just continue to change you, then eventually you won't be the one she fell in love with and you'll break up anyway. Wimmin :blink: . Been there done that, but I was too young and daft.

The current Mrs T knows I'll always do whatever I want and that she can do the same - so we nearly always agree, simples :good:.

It's your life and also your house...

I think this is difficult for others to answer.

It all depends on how ugly you are and are you ever likely to pull another girl. If the answer is you look like you were set on fire and put out with a shovel and other girls would not touch you even with a stick i would get rid of the guns and stick with her.

If however you are a fine looking young man tell her the way it is like it or leave.

Well I've been with my girlfriend for the better part of 5 years (me a through and through contry lad from a big family and her an only child and a townie) now and we are looking to move in together and she says it's against her principles to have guns in the house. She has no problem with me shooting or owning guns but will not allow them in the house. That wouldnt be a problem if I only shot a gun club as I would be able to store my guns there but I shoot on my permission after I finish work, so storage at a club or shop isn't possible. I've told her I can make the security second to none but to that she said she will never live in a house witha gun in it.

Any sensible/ reasonable suggestions please?

Thanks for reading.

When did she decide it was against her principles to not have guns in the house? Surely in 5 years she's said something about it?

Since she's known you shoot and, I assume, knows you keep guns I think she's being naive/blinkered in expecting you to not have them with you in your flat. She knew guns were part of the package and stating that she doesn't want guns in the house is unreasonable. Therefore, as others have said, it's the guns or her.

I hadn't touched a gun in about 15 years and only got interested again 2 years ago. I'd been with my wife for 9 years at that point so when she said "no guns in house" I had to compromise as the subject had never come up before. Anyway I've found a workable solution. My situation was slightly different though.

Edited by Laird Lugton

Lots of bravado on this thread ,I just wonder who would actually choose their guns over their partner . On the other side of the coin when I was thinking about giving up shooting and letting my certificates lapse my good wife said that she would never forgive me if I packed it all in . She understands that for past 50 years or so I have been involved in all shooting sports and said that if I gave it up I would be more grumpy than I am now . Again a women from a different era who knows how to cook and look after the home and keep her man happy . This is by no means a one sided thing ,she has allways said that we are a team and look after each other . I wouldnt change her for anybody or my guns .

Harnser .

Edited by Harnser

Just read the op to my 'darling wife' cough splutter... Her response was tell him to put the safe in the loft and sneak the guns in and out without her knowing. She then said ' what a nice guy as he is even considering how to overcome the problem and that I am an **** hole that would have told her to **** off if she made such demand'

I think that most of us married men recognise that demands like this are the thin end of the wedge. Soon she will be demanding that you give up the other girlfriend, sell the motorbike and stop getting drunk every Friday night.

Gives ya the shakes just thinking about it eh

Well the motorbike has to go due to a cash shortage :look: and I do love my Bandit as for the drinking i'm a light weight with only one kidney so getting plaseterd is a rare occasion but I am a marvolous drunk when I've had a few (arn't we all :lol: )