How long have you had your gun ?

Kes

My main 12G is a Beretta 687 fixed quarter and half choke bought second hand. I have an old 1903 H&H both of which I have had for nearly 20 years now.

I had an AYA N02 s/s (secondand)and partexd it for a new beretta game 20 bore which was so uncomfortable to shoot, I partexd that for a new Extrema (391).

Dont plan on changing unless I win the lottery and then I'll buy a matched, fitted pair of SO 6's.

Anyone had their shotgun longer than 20 years? If so was it handed down?

Edited by Kes

Bought my AYA SxS 3" mag from Ian Coley for £250 when I was 18 OMG I just turned 54.

It's been a really good gun and has accounted for loads of duck & geese over the years. But now with the changes in Wildfowl cartridges it's very limit in use - but I'll never part with.

Just waiting now for one of the new Benelli Super Vinci's to arrive - bet that doesn't last as long!!!!

OXF

My main 12G is a Beretta 687 fixed quarter and half choke bought second hand. I have an old 1903 H&H both of which I have had for nearly 20 years now.

I had an AYA N02 s/s (secondand)and partexd it for a new beretta game 20 bore which was so uncomfortable to shoot, I partexd that for a new Extrema (391).

Dont plan on changing unless I win the lottery and then I'll buy a matched, fitted pair of SO 6's.

Anyone had their shotgun longer than 20 years? If so was it handed down?

My Dad still has a .410 that my Granddad brought for him when he was 9!

Dad is 85, very happy to say, I still have him and the .410…… :good:

TEH

I've only had my licence since for 4 months so obviously not had either of my guns for 20 years. Both guns however are over 20 years old.

The Lincoln i bought from my father in law (gamekeeper) he's had it from new so it's seen some action, and other than cleaning never needed any work.

I know nothing about the history of the AYA other than it's 25 years old. Father in law's got 2 AYA's both old, both reliable, if it's good enough for him...

Hopefully these guns'll see me out.

Edited by Bad Monkey

Longest serving member in my Cabinet is a 12 bore Army and Navy hammer gun (K Quality) I assume the K stands for Keeper. Purchased from a gamekeeper friend in 1960 for £15 it required a 3d thats one and a half pence nipple spring, I would still be shooting it with B.P. if these cartridges were not such an infernal price, if £1000 ever falls into my lap its sleeved barrels for the old dear and back to the front line.

Blackpowder

I had a winchester xtr lightweight for about 23 years until it died in unfortunate circumstances :cry1:

Had a couple of guns since them a Miroku MK60 which I did not get on with particulary well and at present a beretta 391 ulrika auto

Which I am still a little undecided on we seem to have a love hate relationship,trouble is I dont get out often enough now to know if its me or the gun.

I've had my Lanber Sporting Deluxe just over 15 years ago.I bought it after my Grandfather's old side by side hammer gun gave up the ghost. The Lanber's still as tight as the day I got it,but there are a few scuffs and scrapes.I've considered changing it a few times,(at the minute I've got a thing about a Benelli Montefeltro) but in the end I always stuck with it.I know,I'm a sentimental old fool. :rolleyes:

Webley & Scott .410 Bolt Action, bought by my dad for my 10th birthday, now had it 41 years and still going strong.

Hopefully be passed down to my grandson.

Other shotguns & rifles have come and gone, all in the name of 'upgrading', as finances became

more available. My current collection contains all I need, and should stay with me for as long as I am shooting.

Edited by Browning

My Dad still has a .410 that my Granddad brought for him when he was 9!

Dad is 85, very happy to say, I still have him and the .410…… :good:

TEH

Got to be the longest - nice post. Mine's still in short trousers by comaprison !

I am almost a serial gun changer and have almost lost count of the guns I have owned. I have owned couple of Winchesters for 5 years and 10 years, but normally change every year. I am happy with my current guns, but have kept an eye open for a Gamba Daytona 32" Trap. That might tempt me to buy another.

I was given a .410 Webley and Scott last Sunday, which I scrapped on Monday. It was for my grandson to use. The bolt holding the barrel to the forend part of the wood had sheared off. Tried drilling it out, but someone had already had a go and botched it. Managed to get it out, but there wasn't enough metal to tap properly. Bought another for him yesterday - almost mint Harrington and Richardson.

Edited by Gordon R