Simoncelli crash Sepang Moto GP

shooternick

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that the marshals should have left him on the track, until the Doctor had arrived on the scene at least, nothing seems to have been learnt at some tracks.

Regarding the helmet coming off, if you watch the videos the strap seemed to have broken. Not really surprising due to the forces caused by an impact.

Very unfortunate, I give my respect. Very very sad day. I loved him and my hero in the gps just because he was crazy and would push and push to the limit. I feel bad for Edwards to, he will have to live with that forever even tho he couldn't do anything about it anyways.

Big talent lost and I had high hopes for him next year.

R.I.P #58 marco simoncelli

Edited by dan-250

If you get hit like that by another bike its not nice. Very hard to survive a hit by a full out bike at that sort of speed. We tend to forget the dangers because it doesn't often happen thank god. Helmets come off all too easily, my mate keith was killed because he lost his helmet in a road crash. Good quality helmet too. The driver of the car never stopped and was never traced.

Edited by Vince Green

Sad, sad loss to the motorcycling world, great talent, he actually made me want to watch the gp's just to see his style.

RIP Marco

Gone but never to be forgotten

Also thoughts to Colin Edwards and Rossi, just seen the video, there was absolutely nothing either of them could do in that situation.

I still can't believe it. Posted earlier. I've heard that Rossi and edwards are now retiring. As Rossi was a big friend of Marcos . I do bike racing and luckily all I hVe are bruises and bumps upto now. His number will be going on the front of my bike in respect and to make sure he is never forgotten. Hopefully Edwards is on the mend to after a dislocated shoulder and a general beating, if only both of them came off did a few rolls and just broken bones, never a death. Worse out come there could be, makes you think life is so precious. At least he went doing what he loved.

Again marco, ur the man, a bright star up there tonite :(

As an ex racer myself I'm gutted and feeling quite upset to be honest.

I loved watching Simoncelli, he was a real tryer.

I thought he was the Rossi of the future.

And poor old Colin and Valentino who ran over him......they have to live with that **** for the rest of their lives.

R.I.P MARCO SIMONCELLI.

It was a horrific accident, we aren't used to deaths in mainstream motorsport these days, but it seems to be having a bad run at the moment, with Wheldon last week and now Simoncelli. These guys know what they do is dangerous. I feel for Rossi and Edwards, god knows how they must feel even though there's nothing they could have done. Let's hope this doesn't bring about the untimely demise of more than one career. Thoughts with all involved.

Rest in peace 58, Live in peace Rossi and Edwards.