Dog or no dog

unapalomablanca

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be lost without my lad, he is with me all day every day, only time we spend apart is when I go to bed as that would really **** the wife off !!!

Also there is no blimin way I would swim across the estuary in minus conditions to pick up my birds. Even if I did get gravy on my biscuits when I got home

i personally don,t have one but i mainly shoot with my old fella who has 2

when i go out on my own pigeon shooting its mainly over short winter rape, drillings, and stubbles so i can pick 99% of shot birds myself, but i will have one in the near future :yes:

Can't remember a time that I haven't had a dog and can't see it ever happening.

Never had a working dog for shooting, but always had one for on site when I am working.

5 hrs of butterfly surveying on an abandoned quarry site does them the world of good and its nice to have the company :good:

Yeah I have two as well. One a Ridgeback X Mastiff and a choccie lab. The lab is a gundog in training and 4 years old.

She is quite happily dispelling the myths of 'you can't get a choccie lab to retrieve/work' and also that 'you can't teach an old dog new tricks'!

They are both a part of the family, I've always had dogs, the missus never before I turned up, she is railing against the idea of 3 though!