Managed my first 1 shot 2 kills on a pair of maggies this morning.

I waited until they lined up nicely whilst massacaring last nights rabbit and sent a .22 through the pair of them at about 65 Yards.

Whilst I am feeling a little smug, is this particularly unusual/rare to be able to do or more common than I thought?

• 1 year later...

getting two for ones with the rifle is frowned upon in many circles (stalking especially so even during pure numbers management) but I see no issue with a pair of magpies as they don't take much killing with a rf. very unusual to get them lined up and safe to shoot as a two for one so not something I have ever seen personally. shotguns are different I once got 6 teal with one shot but I don't pack shoot intentionally its just 5 others got in the way I was only looking at the one duck. its like hitting the rear goose when aiming at the front they get added to the bag but its not quite the same feeling as doing the job you intended, for this reason alone I tend towards chicken if there is something else flying nearby I don't want to hit

Lined up the reticle on a rabbit poking his head up through the wheat three evenings ago, just as I was about to squeeze the trigger his buddy stood up from nowhere behind him. They lined up beautifully, but with the prospect of potentially pulling off a clean collateral I got the shakes! I have never had the shakes before. Ended up raising the rifle, settled myself for a minute and then took just one out.

Very odd sensation.

Done it several times on various species, it is a by-product of being out a lot and a bit of luck, situations develop, but as others have said, I don't recall ever collecting 2 Magpies in one go!

Even taken several pairs of clays in one shot!

:good:

I once managed a couple of pigeon with a 22 at about 70 yards .

When I was a teen I had two starlings with the airgun (its a long time since I was a teen ).

A couple of years back I shot 6 pigeon with 3 shots from the shotgun, all airborne and witnessed by another member of the forum !

I once managed a couple of pigeon with a 22 at about 70 yards .

When I was a teen I had two starlings with the airgun (its a long time since I was a teen ).

A couple of years back I shot 6 pigeon with 3 shots from the shotgun, all airborne and witnessed by another member of the forum !

Nice one fenboy, my dad told me that when the five shot semi autos where legal he got 7 teal for five one night coming into a flight pond pond he said they where very bunched together and thats the only reason he was able to do it

2 foxes cub and vixon and crows

And i have seen 2 deer shot with one shot also and you would"t have thought it possible i did"t it was stood 30 yards behind the beast getting shot and 20 yards infront hart lung shot the intended beast and the back one dropped like a stone the bullet had had exited had neck shot the rear beast not good i know but it happened

2 foxes cub and vixon and crows

And i have seen 2 deer shot with one shot also and you would"t have thought it possible i did"t it was stood 30 yards behind the beast getting shot and 20 yards infront hart lung shot the intended beast and the back one dropped like a stone the bullet had had exited had neck shot the rear beast not good i know but it happened

Some fools try this, its dead wrong and one should always wait for a clear shot on a single beast