Hometown?

Asa Bear

We had this talked about down the pub last night.

Im of the opinion your home town is where you were born,

I was a forces brat therefore moved around a lot, I might have lived up here for nearly 40 years but I was born in Halifax, Yorkshire.

Therefore my home town is Halifax, making me a Yorkshireman

Others last night said its where you grew up? I grew up all over the place

:shaun:

I would go with the where you have an affinity too, if I moved around a lot as a youngster I would go with born, if not I would go with where I was brought up as a youngster. Both for me are Bury, I lived in Mami for a couple of years, I loved the place but it was never my home town/city.

Born and bred potteries lad . I've worked all over the country but still look forward to coming home . People say its a dump . But only talk about the bad bits . There are some real nice places there too . Even in the city you are only 5 miles from open countryside . It'll do for me

I'm of the opinion your home town is where you were born,

I was a forces brat therefore moved around a lot, I might have lived up here for nearly 40 years but I was born in Halifax, Yorkshire.

Others last night said its where you grew up? I grew up all over the place

:shaun:

Also a Forces brat here, but born overseas in Koln, Germany, but the nearest place I would call home is Sixpenny Handley in Dorset, because that is where the rest of the family lived and it is where we always visited when we were in the uk, otherwise it was moving house/county/country every three years. We settled in Lincoln and my kids were born there, but I still feel like a Dorset lad at heart.

Edited by Bloke

Another forces brat! Born in BMH Rinteln, brought up mostly in Scotland but also been in England and Ireland so I consider myself BrItish!

Home town is Westhill Scotland as I went to school there and most of my mates are there and my mammy still lives there! :good:

Regards,

Gixer