Your biggest regret???

Frenchieboy

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot to be thankful for but things I'd change:

Worked harder at school allowing me to choose a degree of interest (History & Poltics/International relations) rather than one that got me a job.

Worked abroad to live in a different culture, it may make me appreciate Blighty more.

Worked in the armed services doing something useful instead of a blood sucking profit hungry company.

Other than that nowt.

Wished I'd worked harder at school, so I could have gone to uni and been a vet.

Parents were completely against it, so I just rebelled and then it took to 40 to build a decent career :oops: and qualify in Architecture. If I was a vet I might not be any better off financially, but I know I'd be a lot happier at work...

I'm still fairly young but have few regrets. Plenty of non important stuff like I should have had more fun before settling down etc but nothing major.

My only regret that really matters to me is that when I was 18 I stole a builders disk cutter from a lockup. At the time it was a laugh and I gained a cool tool for work but now when I look at it I took a mans tool which he used to earn his living. That in my mind is lower than low and 13 years later I think I feel worse about that than anything else I have ever done. :sad1:

Edited by njc110381

I'm still fairly young but have few regrets. Plenty of non imortant stuff like I should have had more fun before settling down etc but nothing major.

My only regret that really matters to me is that when I was 18 I stole a builders disk cutter from a lockup. At the time it was a laugh and I gained a cool tool for work but now when I look at it I took a mans tool which he used to earn his living. That in my mind is lower than low and 13 years later I think I feel worse about that than anything else I have ever done. :sad1:

Very brave to admit that Neil. Does the bloke still live in the same place? If not a bit of detective work might track him down. Buy him a bigger better one and leave it on his doorstep to undo the bad karma :good:

Agree with a few other ex forces on this one.... I was leaving the army just when everything started to go off in Iraq second time round. Should've stayed for the ultimate test of myself.

I don't know anyone who went over, had ''The test'' and didn't regret it.

My biggest regret is not joining the police when i left school rather than taking whatever came up and being unhappy,

my current job is slowly getting to the stage where i am really wanting to make this a reality but when i enquired about it i found out i just missed the latest recruitment drive and i have no idea when they will do another one as they seem to be very rare in cambridgeshire now.

It is my dream job and i really want to make it happen i just hope they will advertise again in the very near future.

Getting PTSD from army service, Ireland gulf etc, and not recognising it sooner, all sorted and in my past now, but at the time it was a nightmare.

Future regrets, well I'm getting a tattoo on Saturday, my 1st at 46, will I regret it later, who knows.

As the old song goes.

Regrets I've had a few, but then again to few to mention.

Wouldn't it be boring if it all worked out perfectly.

For me I just wished that when i learnt to drive I had kept up my fitness rather than trying to claw it back now as a lardy bloater !

yep, mine too, i started uni slim and fit, ended up enjoying cheap beer and **** food, never managed to claw it back, i'm 35 now and i'm determined to try and reverse it before its too late.

my only other regret is not saving / investing some money before having kids, my mrs and I both worked and for 9 years wasted cash left right and center.

Did 2 year joinery apprentaship after I left school but didnt do my last year (Advanced craft). All of my working life(23 years) I have worked as a joiner and worked my way up the ladder to become a construction site manager upto NVQ level 6,SMTS, IOSH etc. Regretted not doing my last year in college, but never really needed it , any way for years it has been niggling away at me, so sod it I got it done, I have just got the Advanced craft NVQ level 3(it used to be city and quilds) certificate. So now my only regrett is that I didnt do it years ago,

Life is too short for regretts, lets get on with it and enjoy your lott

Atb Flynny

yep, mine too, i started uni slim and fit, ended up enjoying cheap beer and **** food, never managed to claw it back, i'm 35 now and i'm determined to try and reverse it before its too late

Me too - played rugby and cricket at county level before uni - beer and curry took its toll and now at 32 making a real effort to get back to bring fit and healthy.

Edited by oscarsdad