Suzuki or Landrover

Cornishfowler

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thamks the 1.3 will be cheaper to insure than a defender

And to tax, and run and on parts ...... Not that you'll need new parts as often as a defender.....

Depends what you really want it for, the jimny does not have diff locks like the defender, so will not cope with extreme off roading (unless you modify it) like a defender would.

If you just want a cheap reliable run around to get about your shoot, a jimny is worth a look.

There are also a few places to get mod's for the jimnys too . . . . .

http://www.kapsuzuki...uzuki/jimny.php

http://www.google.co...Wy5dkUbVgDhyJ2w

http://www.offroad-a...ategory&path=20

Edited by chrispti

why not get an old tax exempt series,that way you could get it on a classic policy.you could even get a defender on a classic policy,but you would still have to taxt it.

Chance of getting a classic policy is pretty much non existent. I had classic on my series 3 when i passed last may, up for renewal this year and the price went up massivley!

Tbh if you are looking at offroad performance no matter how good the car will be at the end of the day it's all about how good the driver is and what tyres the car has on. All landrovers and jimmy's are very capable vehicles if set up correctly for the type of conditions you a going to put them through.

Pushed a stuck discovery up hill last week in my motor i would say the jimny would of got through it :innocent:

Ha Ha, may be the disco driver didn't want to turn the field up and annoy the farmer (who we've yet to meet!) especially seeing as the lease says the shoot has to pay for any making good from damage due to shoot access :ermm:

If ou need a small engined car then a jimny does seem like the right idea, and it won't cost you a fortune to buy, a dealer down the road here has one mint with 28k miles on I think its an 03 for 3.5k the equivalent age and mileage defender you are looking closer to 10k which is silly for something quite so un reliable

My old SJ410 would go anywhere and not get stuck, finally went to the scrappies at 20 years old (corroded chassis) . Can you lay guns in the back of a Jimny across the width? cos they look a bit on the narrow side.... now if only they were the same size as my old SJ I'd swap my Disco for one any day. I used to run a series three (much better than a disco off road), S3 had one thing in common with the SJ... after long journeys you arrived like you'd been beaten up. Led to believe the Jimny is a bit of a guzzler for it's size and performance too

had discos and now have a jimny,

jimny is girls car i hate mine with passion altho its fun as i can drift it around ! i can no longer afford to run a disco insurance is almost double as is tax and as for breaking things not done it yet in jimny but constantly repairing disco every weekend

so its a no brainer.......lack of money and time = jimny

lots of time and money = landrover

i can fit cz452 20" barrel with mod on behind the seats no chance in the boot tho

30mpg if im lucky around shoots 34 on a run