21st's

ETO

Ugh, I'm 21 in a number of weeks and I have no idea what to do for it. I'm having a meal with family the weekend before my birthday and the weekend after I'm going for a long dog walk with friends followed by a meal out.

But my birthday is on the Tuesday and I have no idea what to do. I'm not big on clubbing and town etc but work friends are trying to convince me otherwise.

So basically the aim of this - what did you do for your 21st? if you can remember it ;)

If I can remember it? Cheeky young whippersnapper! :lol: It wasn't that long ago.....wait...it WAS ages ago. :o

We just hired a hall, a disco and a bar. Same old stuff. Fell asleep with my arm on a radiator and woke up with a blister that looked like a turkish delight on my elbow.

Edited by walshie

i got refreshed to within an inch of my life on my 21st, just be careful if you do decide to go out with your work mates, don't accept drinks from strangers, don't get left to get home on your own etc etc... above all enjoy yourself, and happy birthday :good:

Thanks Dad ;):innocent:

I, fortunately, know when I've had enough.

If I can remember it? Cheeky young whippersnapper! :lol: It wasn't that long ago.....wait...it WAS ages ago. :o

We just hired a hall, a disco and a bar. Same old stuff. Fell asleep with my arm on a radiator and woke up with a blister that looked like a turkish delight on my elbow.

Ahh see my parents paid for me to go to a Helen Philips Training weekend in the Summer so no big party for me. I work in a bar and we had a 21st in on the Friday night that was finished by half 11. And a joint 18th and 21st on the Saturday that was also finished by 11. Meanwhile I go on gundog training weekends.. oh dear. LOL

Becoming 21 is no big deal, just another stepping stone on lifes journey of which no one gets out alive.

Strange is it not:

I'm going to be 16

Im almost 18

Im becoming 21

Jeez i'm pushing 40

Holy maholy made it to 60

And if you mangage to get to 100.........I'm going to be 100 and a half

Still thats life and most of us will not get to 100 so to those who do happy 101 birthday.

I played a Rugby 7's tournament on my 21st, we did pretty well if i remember rightly. I was then kidnapped by my mates and took on a train to Swansea, plied with a lot of drink and enjoyed an excess of everything!!, that was on a Saturday, we arrived back on the Tuesday a little worse for wear!!!!

Those were the days of being young free and single (ish), Glad i did it all back then as i don't feel any need to do it now :lol: . Whatever you choose to do enjoy it :good:

My 21st involved a shed load of mates, an obscene amount of booze, wild women, a curry and some mind altering stuff, was many moons ago, but a great weekend.

I guess in hindsight it would have involved a few good mates, a nice weekend away and a bit shooting, real ale and a log fire. It's amazing how you change.

Regards

Jonathan

Becoming 21 is no big deal, just another stepping stone on lifes journey of which no one gets out alive.

Strange is it not:

I'm going to be 16

Im almost 18

Im becoming 21

Jeez i'm pushing 40

Holy maholy made it to 60

And if you mangage to get to 100.........I'm going to be 100 and a half

Still thats life and most of us will not get to 100 so to those who do happy 101 birthday.

:sly: Proper ray of sunshine here!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know what you mean, though..............

Having hit 40 there's not much I'd change at all; if I could go back in time I'd just do more of it, turn it up at least 1 notch on the dial and worry less.

When you get to 40 you won't look back to your 21st and remember it fondly as a time when you read a good book, went on a good walk or had a sensible early night. That's when you're 100 and looking back to your 80th.

Haha thanks guys. I've always been told that I act and sound 20 going on 200! I think the weekend after my birthday is going to be the best. A nice long walk through Sherwood Forest, followed by a meal out with the same friends.

I'm a bit cynical about it all really. I only had a meal out with friends and family for my 18th so wanted to do something different for my 21st. Can't afford a big party and I've moved so all my friends and family are in Sheffield and I'm in Notts. Knowing my luck - I'll be working.

All i can remember is i got very very drunk and thank everyone who come to my party about 8 times for traveling long distance to get there. I prefer pubs to clubs so find somewhere decent with a few decent lively pubs a do a round of pub golf with your mates its a good craic, if you set realistic targets and dont make the drink to revolting everyone will be up for it. Make sure though wherever you go has a club (no matter how rubbish) as at the end you might want to carry the night on- or get home and sleep for 3 days.

I'm a bit cynical about it all really. I only had a meal out with friends and family for my 18th so wanted to do something different for my 21st. Can't afford a big party and I've moved so all my friends and family are in Sheffield and I'm in Notts. Knowing my luck - I'll be working.

I'm currently in Sheffield! Get up here and you can have a student night out with myself and the rest of the flat, cant promise you a 21st to remember though, as you may not remember it. Student budget boozing will leave you with funds to spare too!

Edited by cant hit rabbits 123

Thanks Dad ;):innocent:

I, fortunately, know when I've had enough.

you're welcome :good: all 3 of my step daughters have been through their 21st birthday parties and one ended up in a horrendous state after their drink was spiked, the other two just got too drunk to walk properly. Thankfully they were staying at friends overnight so we didn't have to sweep up the vomit after :lol:

just be careful cos if there's the slightest chance you could make me one of those mud pies... ;)

England were playing the USA in the 2010 world cup on my birthday, it was a nice day so I went to the pub to watch the game with some friends. got to the pub around 12 o'clock got home some 14 hours later after my brother had to carry me out of a club over his shoulder. I do not remember much after about 9 o'clock, but it was the best night i've ever had