MM

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

all this because you got rained on the other night :lol:

]

As it happens, that was the best night out in ages. It took me 3 days to dry my gunstock :lol: Im not sure what it is. Ive started fishing a bit more of late, and seem to be thinking more about that than anything. I blame Melb. Since he dropped the boat off for me, thats all i can think about :good: I might just sack it off until after christmas, and see how i feel then.

I'd take a break. Talk to your land owners and get a good trustworthy friend on the books so the speak so the ground is still being shot and they don't find someone else to do the job. Then you can go back as and when you want to but won't be missed and replaced.

Selling the kit is something to do much later if you find at renewal time that you still can't be bothered.

i find it hard trying to cover all types of shooting which allows me to use all my guns regularly.i too from time to time think about stopping... i have gave up decoying,clays and game shooting.i do tho enjoy out with the air rifles and rifles whacking rabbits and magpies ,swuirrels and crows.not maybe to every ones liking but it gives me a buzz. hence this time of year i get little shooting due to weather and short days... think it over and see what suits you and enjoy the time.if the buzz has stopped you will get little enjoyment

I'd take a break. Talk to your land owners and get a good trustworthy friend on the books so the speak so the ground is still being shot and they don't find someone else to do the job. Then you can go back as and when you want to but won't be missed and replaced.

Selling the kit is something to do much later if you find at renewal time that you still can't be bothered.

Im on very good terms with the farmers. They would understand either way, they are good like that. ive some thinking to do, i think haha

]

As it happens, that was the best night out in ages. It took me 3 days to dry my gunstock :lol: Im not sure what it is. Ive started fishing a bit more of late, and seem to be thinking more about that than anything. I blame Melb. Since he dropped the boat off for me, thats all i can think about :good: I might just sack it off until after christmas, and see how i feel then.

hey , dont blame me lol , i reckon its because youre going soft , that caravan of yours is just too cosy , youre sitting in your warm comfy caravan next to your warm comfy wife and cant stand the thought of going out in the cold anymore lol.

once youre bitten by the hunting/shooting bug (normally when youre quite young) you always have it , hunting for fish isnt very different to hunting for fur and feather , the urge ebbs and floods (see what i did there lol) , but itll always be there , dont worry over it or burn your bridges with your farmers , just go with the flow and do whatever you feel like doing at the time.

Shooting has been a big part of my life over the past 50 years or so. I too have had reservations over the past few years as to wether I should carry on shooting or simply give it up . I no longer like shooting deer and only shoot them when it becomes necessay.

Many shooters go through this phase during their shooting career and have to make a discision as to pack it all in or not . Its a very personel choise and can only be made by the shooter himself. I decided to carry on for a little longer and see how I feel in a couple of years or so . Dont get rid of your gear ,but take a break .

Harnser .

Don't pack in mate just take a break, if you want a change of scenery do some clays, sounds like we need to sort a day out on the clays with the Wirral and manc lads for a bit of banter and a pint afterwards, I'm sure big johnny and the boys will make you see sense somehow

Atb flynny

I have my moments especially when I have little or no results for my effort I think of all the things I could do instead, it rights it self when I chat to some of the farms I shoot on and they wake me up to the fact I simply love shooting, like it was said in an earlier post your interest will ebb and flow like the tides.

Dont give up mate just give yourself a break.

Alan

]

if you need any crew and fancy a day out on the boat fishing dont mind paying my way...wish i had never sold my boat

mikky

I've started fishing a bit more of late, and seem to be thinking more about that than anything. I blame Melb. Since he dropped the boat off for me, thats all i can think about :good: I might just sack it off until after christmas, and see how i feel then.

This cyclical thing happens mate, I too have had a resurgence in interest for the fishing this year and it has been my main effort with my spare time and will continue to be so for a while....especially if I do buy that sea kayak I have an eye on or, if I change my mind about selling the boat and stick her back in the water!!

But, in due course the call from the gun cabinet will become stronger again and I'll start spending more time shooting and the fishing will take a back seat for a while. It's all slowly revolves, go fishing, enjoy and the, when you feel like it, come back to your shooting.

Edited by -Mongrel-

This cyclical thing happens mate, I too have had a resurgence in interest for the fishing this year and it has been my main effort with my spare time and will continue to be so for a while....especially if I do buy that sea kayak I have an eye on or, if I change my mind about selling the boat and stick her back in the water!!

But, in due course the call from the gun cabinet will become stronger again and I'll start spending more time shooting and the fishing will take a back seat for a while. It's all slowly revolves, go fishing, enjoy and the, when you feel like it, come back to your shooting.

buy the kayak , theyre brilliant to fish from , i have a sevylor colorado with an electric outboard and its great , inflatables are considered by many to be playthings but ive spent many hours fishing from mine and ive had a brilliant time.

I sometimes get a bit like you, but then I get out with a few mates or on a shoot day and no way would I give up.

I have 4 dogs here that havnet moved much today as they are all kn4ckered,

if you leave the land for a few months they will either decide they need someone to control the vermin, or they can cope without it being shot.

your choice.

Mart, buy a new gun, new toys always re motivate for a bit lol. If not get a couple of mates involved, or try something a bit different to what your used to! Think of how hard you worked to get all that land (jelouse!) don't wanna give it all up!!

buy a new gun? the wife has just bought me a boat!! hahahah

Problem with taking too much time out is that someone jumps in your spot.

im all good there. the farmers have turned people away, telling them they are very happy.

I had a good chat with magman earlier, and he told me to stop being a tart (in his nice way, he really cares haha).