Working Xmas day?

steve_b_wales

Who's working Xmas day? I am, although it's my choice. I've worked on the 25th for the past 5 years. I do this so that I can have New Years Eve off, which is more important to me.

I am working on Christmas and new year!!! Sadly fly off to the Middle East tomorrow till 18 feb so the family will have to do without me this year.

until a few years ago i worked all bar christmas day and boxing day. not that my job has ever called for it or will ever call for it as we now only do production work but i always said i wouldnt work christmas day.. theres something about christmas that i love and really wouldnt want to work on the big day.. as for new years eve, i hate it! i havent been out on a new years eve in donkies years and am more than happy to get an early night.... well that is until the past couple of years when theyt let fireworks of at midnight.. ********! :ermm:

I try and keep New Years Eve free, so that I can let off some fireworks. The reason being is that I used to allow my late son to 'let off' a rocket or two on this night. Although he's not here, I have kept the 'tradition' going, and, what started with a packet of rockets, has now grown to a huge fireworks display in my back garden. Last year, I, and my family, bought approx £300 worth of rockets and 'loud' airbombs. I think we produced more smoke than the space shuttle being launched! The first rocket is launched at exactly 12 midnight, and that one is in memory of my son, and is 'his' rocket. Then the display begins. This year will be slightly smaller,with only around £240 worth of fireworks!

I'm like a big kid, setting them off, and I'm looking forward to the big night.

no. home with the grandchucks ,cant miss the daughters face when after a couple of grands worth of stuff has been dished out ,one by one the kids say mum im BORED....... :drool::lol: :lol: .happens every year and as shes preggers again this years reactions going to be unmissable.as work are only offering time off in lieu and normal rate they can go do something uncomfortable with barbed wire n a stick, merry christmas not

Edited by clakk

Worked the majority of Christmases or New years since 1979, not any more though :D

+1. Nurses don't get bank holidays, unless your rota falls that way, the days are just added as part of your annual leave. I had two Christmasses off since I started in 1976. Retired now, so not any more :)

Edited by Bloke

Working right though too the 5th

I have also worked the last five Christmas its not too bad as i will be able to pop home for Christmas dinner

but i will be working that evening too

Its also nice because i get to go into other peoples homes and its always a pleasure to see others enjoying the day

really do get you into the mood

when i used too work in the Hospitals, i always worked Christmas day i was single and the wage for that day was well worth doing it for

it was also great fun because the wards where mainly empty and we used to have a good laugh and maybe a little tipple with the Doctors ;)( after everything was done of course) .

Do they still come on the wards to carve the Turkey or am i really now showing my aged :o