RSPCA

bobt

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though you may not agree hunting with hounds is something they see as animal cruelty, so well within their remit to try and enforce as no one else is.

I'm pro hunting but its in theory illegal and carrying on as it was before which some sides really don't like

Though you may not agree hunting with hounds is something they see as animal cruelty, so well within their remit to try and enforce as no one else is.

I'm pro hunting but its in theory illegal and carrying on as it was before which some sides really don't like

This is perfectly correct - The evidence should have been given to the police for the crown to prosecute.

I suspect the evidence was not adequate for this so I suspect that private action was taken civilly where you are, as I understand it, working only on balance of probability however weak.

This does not, however, excuse the waste of funds for what was obviously a political action.

Done

our local hunt now lay drag lines, despite this the antis have now started to lay their own drag lines too, how very very dangerous and potentially cruel! do you think the RSPCA would help with a conviction? Edited by Paul223

Done

our local hunt now lay drag lines, despite this the antis have now started to lay their own drag lines too, how very very dangerous and potentially cruel! do you think the RSPCA would help with a conviction?

It's all a mess but I dare say in the event of an accident a private prosecution would be possible. I was purely putting the suggestion out there that possibly it wasn't a waste of funds from their perspective. These votes tend to achieve nothing, this one at least is better written than a lot we see on here. The RSPCA does have a problem with its head honcho but most on here just like to hate them anyway

My issue with the RSPCA is that only a few days after the court case made the news there was an article that the RSPCA had put down aroud 2,500 health dogs last year as they claim they don't have the money to care for them.

They are not doing what the charity set out to do in the first place and now needs to be held accountable for its actions.

As a accountant I deal with a few large charities around the UK, mostley of a religious basis, so understand how charities work on the inside.

The charities commission have the power to remove a charity status if they feel they are acting with a policital purpose. I know as they have asked the question of one of the charities I look after and proof was needed before the charities commsiion was satisfied.

there is no justification for the way they are spending the publics money and this needs to stop.

The dogs issue is a hard one its bad press but you never know quite the reasons, lots of dog charities are inundated with staffy types that just are impossible to re home, mix in elderly dogs and any with a bad temperament and its often kinder to Pts sooner rather than just leave them in kennels. That said I see as you do that charities are business a large portion of our work comes from a couple and a company that provides fundraising services to others it's just business now rather than the primary focus being on the initial aim.