neighbours from hell

gixer1

before I married, my parents new next door was a mid thirties "goer" she liked it loud and often, we used to get passing people stopping to cheer as she reached the" Lassie" stage,

mum and dad were partially deaf so didnt hear it, I was never in,

the next people were mid 70s and boring.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the middle aged couple on one side, well, i bought our house from them sp they kind of vetted us first. The single mum of 4 on the other side is a different story. She herself is nice and quiet. Her three daughters are perfect little angels, but the son.......well, i had enough of him. I was sick and tired of having him and his pot head mates throwing joint roaches and **** over the fence. They chucked every manner of stuff over. They poured white masonry paint all over out patio, but when i dragged him over the fence and "helped" him clean it up, things started to change. With the help of the local housing officer, things got better. They were threatened with eviction.

Many years ago i lived in my ex metro semi that i felt really proud of and next door lived a couple with two daughters.

They were about 11 when i moved in and as the eldest got to 15 ish the parents deemed her old enough to mind the youngest and started going out boozing and living it up.

Promtly the music went berserk and scooter boyz started appearing on my street quite loudly.

It started with a midweek word over the fence "gets a bit raucous when your out"but to no avail,eventually they wouldnt even answer the door.So one sunday morning i got up at 5am knowing that they had only been in bed about 90mins i made coffee and got out my petrol mower and started it up as close to his bedroom window as my lawn would allow,full throttle and sat on my wall drinking coffee.

Fairly quickly he appears at the window looking like a hand grenade had gone off behind his eyeballs,a quick exchange left him in no doubt about my lawn needing cutting every weekend and that could get annoying.

I never had a problem with overly loud overly late music again and a coule of months later we were all pals again.

I had it for years with this trash that moved next door. 2 westies locked up all day yapping, 3 adults in the house and dogs never once walked. Slag daughter coming and going at all hours banging doors bringing back blokes when the mother went away. Taxis at all hours hooting. Dogs being let out at 3 in the morning, being told to eff off when complaining. Chain smoking boozers who should never have been allowed private housing. Anyway, they ****** off last year and new neighbours are perfect.

p.s. Money would certainly make me happy, i would buy seclusion and visit people or invite people round when it suited me. Communal living is vastly overrated.!!!

I let my sister live in my flat for 18 months with her new baby. I went travelling, called to see how things were and she said druggies moves in next door and has parties so loud the kids toys were bouncing off the shelves.

Landlord got told 24 hours to remove them or it might burn down if they left a candle on. Sorted in12.

Mind you when I came back the whole place had been painted pink, including my wardrobes. Don't you just love sisters?

First house I bought with the Mrs was on a council estate in York, we got told that the neighbours over the road were causing trouble as they were known drug dealers.

Never had any problems ourselves, we kept to our own and bought a big dog. I always told everyone I had the safest house around, as almost everyfriday night I had a cop car parked outside my house watching the druggies.

The small riot that they had was fun to watch, from the bedroom window, until the full riot police turned up and broke it up.

when I bought this place I had the local councilor on one side and a little old lady on the other...

Still got the councilor

old lady died, left house to her grandaughter who promptly sold it to a buy to let landlord.

First lot were ok, him and her roughly mid forties, she was a bit gobby who played Robbie Williams a bit too loud,

Went to ask her to turn it down, as I leave mine she is walking down the street (he is at work) towards her house,

I asked her to come into mine, she came in and heard the music, I never had another problem, (they then got evicted for not paying rent) oh they also got 3 cars lifted by customs for red diesel and booze and cigs.

Next came a young couple, very nice, never knew thet were there, they eventually got a housing association house with cheaper rent so moved on.

NOW....young single mum moves in 2 kids (so I thought) chavy as they come, shouting at the kids, loud telly and music ( I went and explained that it was too loud and she turned it down)

Her babysitters boyfriend was in one night, even louder music, off I toddles to complain, he answers,yoof of about 18, I said its too loud and turn it down, he sort of hums and starts to say something, so I say turn it down, And he did...lol

after a few months she starts going out with the kids leaving all the windows and doors open, (I mean open not just unlocked) for days at a time.

police called on a regular basis to ask me what was going on next door???I just explained thats the way she is

next thing was another child appears, about 5 years old, apparently its also hers but was in care.

Pet rabbits lived in the kitchen,

anyway she eventually moves on and the place stands empty for 2 years....bliss...

Local housing buys it as it was reposessed,

was chatting to the builders they got in (they gut the houses before letting, new walls/floors/electrics/kitchens/bathrooms and heating)

Tells me to pop in and see how she has left it.

Stone fireplace which she had painted gloss black, carpets worn through to the underlay, shiny with god knows what, walls upstairs painted all sorts of odd colours but must have had the paintpot on the other side of the room as the carpets are covered in paint drips from the brushes.

Now, another couple (late 30s) are in......

Peace has been restored, very quiet, nice....

:shaun:

Edited by shaun4860

When we first moved to our house, we had a grumpy old **** next door, not working due to poor health and a dodgy heart. He continually moaned at us about the way we cut our grass etc.... his garden was the winning "garden of the year" in our village for too many years to care about, and ours was making his look bad.

One day I ended up getting in a right slanging match with him, I remember telling him that the sooner his poor old ticker packed up, the better.

About six weeks later, they carried him out feet first. Dropped dead of a heart attack.

Bit extreme I'll admit, but problem solved. His Mrs seemed a lot happier after he'd gone as well.

Next door too us was a nice enough bloke

but his was a bit of a storyteller

used to make out he was a bit of a James Bond

used too show off his fighting skills too me and the boys

whenever he saw us in the garden ( it was hard not too giggle)

He was always on the borrow and when he used to return it was always with chocs or flowers that he had picked from his garden

which was very sweet of him

His moved on now ( or maybe he went on a mission never to return!!)

and we now got a young couple with a small baby which is very well behave

xxxxSuzy

Only been in our new bungalow 2 weeks but I can see trouble coming!.

While we were looking at the place and then moving bits in, doing work etc there was always a small Kia parked right outside my front door in the space that you would assume is for the person living here.

So, 1st week we move in I get a knock on the door, woman says can you shift your car so my husband can park there?, er .... no, I live here, it's outside my house. Then tells me they've parked there for x number of years, her hubby goes golfing etc. etc. . . . and I say?? well we don't have a parking space on our bit (which is about 40m away out of the cul-de-sac and on the next corner), so I ask why not park next to mine but you'll be blocking the woman next door in which wouldn't be very nice or use one of the 3 empty spaces 15 yards away or the whole empty side of the road that leads towards there house (no cars as just a field and fence there) which would be closer to their house, pretty reasonable I thought, apparently not, she goes off saying her husband will sort it out.

Ever since that every time I go out he moves his car in front of my house, even if he's already parked it in one of the other spaces, it can stand there for days. Not really a problem you say but as I'm physically disabled and have good days and very bad days I've fallen over 3 times with walking the extra distance from the other side of the parking area to my own front door.

Don't have bad neighbours really. The Jehovah witness lot over the road use their house as a meeting place and the visitors park anywhere and they post those magazines now and then but I just knock and tell them they must put them in the recycle bin. My mate next door looks over their side kitchen door and him and his mrs saw the daughter getting banged in the kitchen by her fella which was funny

Ever since that every time I go out he moves his car in front of my house, even if he's already parked it in one of the other spaces, it can stand there for days. Not really a problem you say but as I'm physically disabled and have good days and very bad days I've fallen over 3 times with walking the extra distance from the other side of the parking area to my own front door.

Get the council to mark it as a disabled spot.

We've had all sorts of problems with my neighbours, everything from the usual anti social behavior to coming round our house and smashing stuff up, various threats towards my dad, calling him a pedo because he ran the scout pack for a few years etc etc. They quitened down after my dad died but they seem to be pushing their luck again!

The one that topped it all off for me was when the father threatened to shoot my dog! just because his kids climbed into my garden and it barked at them!

That last bits soooooooooo easily dealt with, threatening you(well your dog) with firearms !!!!!! bye bye ticket

I've never had any neighbours as bad as some of the ones mentioned above! But when I was younger me and my mother lived by an interesting couple. We lived in quite a tidy estate which had a big green in the middle for kids to play on. For some reason the woman of the house over the way couldn't stand kids playing football there even though David Beckham would struggle to get a ball from the green to their garden - a kid had no chance! She was worried we'd damage ger car? Her husband was a complete wimp and did as he was told - he used to come out and half heartedly shout at us on a regular basis but you could tell he didn't see the issue. Then one day the woman came out and stabbed our ball...

Some time later we tied a length of rope to the towbar of her car, coiled it up underneath and then tied the other end to her fence and covered the offending item with leaves. She pulled off of the drive to go to work the next morning, got twenty odd meters up the road and ripped the whole section of fence down! Her face was a picture I can tell you - she actually cried! Then a week later we filled a salad bag with cow ****, put some newspaper on the top then lit it on her doorstep and rang the bell. Sadly it was her old man who came out in his dressing gown and slippers to stamp it out, but oh how we laughed!

So neighbours from hell - I'm not sure whether that description fits her or me? It was well worth the price of a football to give us the excuse to dish out some payback though! I'd say five years of near daily tellings off were more than enough reason to give her something in return.

Reading that was stirred up quite a few similar memories of childhood I can tell you!!!

As kids my two younger brothers and I had similar problems with a neighbour trying their best to stop us playing on a large patch of grass between our two houses, we had years of aggro from her before it culminating in her actually walking out and stealing our football and refusing to return it - I'll never understand what she hoped to achieve but to 7, 10 and 11 Y.O.s or so at the time that was like waving a red rag to a bull. From that day on all the doggy and cat truffles left on said patch of grass by her 3 dogs and two cats was thoughtfully but not so carefully returned to her side of the fence before play commenced. We expected any day to get a hiding off the parents for it but she never said a word to them, probably as she knew she was in the wrong and wouldn't have liked the embarressment of being told so and laughed at by the old man before he gave each one of us a belt with a slipper - the daily deliveries went on for weeks and only stopped the day the stolen and by now almost forgotten about football had magically appeared on the grass patch one day :thumbs:

All was fine for a few more years until once again out of the blue she started lost the plot and took a knife to a cricket net we had cobbled together with strawberry netting and hazel sticks - to make sure she could never complain about balls over her fence which they never did. With us being a bit older and a bit wiser this time we gave her nice white house a massive going over with sloes in the catapult - nothing shows for a couple of weeks then all of a sudden each hit turned into a bright orange / brown splat that lasted months (which of course we knew what would happen) she eventually re-painted the walls only for the stains to mysteriously return just a few weeks later :whistling: . That cycle lasted years until we had grown up and got bored of it, oddly this coincided with the time she gave up painting, those final marks were there for years . It was only a few years ago we came clean about the sloes (and the dog s***) to the parents, who like her, had been completely baffled at what had caused all those bright orange re-appearing marks - they laughed so hard they were in tears - turns out they had countless runs ins with her and her pointy nose long before we were even born hence why we got so much stick for no reason.

Many years later she has thankfully long gone and returns only to visits very occaisionally her son who now lives there - he is and always was an excellent neighbour who we were friendly with - she on the other hand still thinks we are spawn of satan all these years later she refuses to look any of us in the eye or say hello when passing which only serves to stir up those memories and bring an instant smile to our faces. Looking back on it all I used to often wonder if she suffered from mental health issues - given how oddly she acted when we honestly did nothing wrong but a discussion with another neighbour no so long ago (retired mental health nurse for 40+ years) put my mind at rest. It went like this: After all these years working in mental health I've learned there are mad people and bad people and she was just a bad one.

That last bits soooooooooo easily dealt with, threatening you(well your dog) with firearms !!!!!! bye bye ticket

The bloke doesnt have a ticket. He's been known to shoot the boundary fence with an air rifle from time to time!

He has never made another threat against the dog since that day!

Edited by Big Mat

Just moved house and the landlord & lady are the neighbours. Octogenarians and a pain in the Harris

Rented since Dec but not moved in properly yet as layover between houses. They keep nagging about when moving in proper ... Leave me alone!

anyway I stuck up a pir light above front door with double foam tape and old guy tells me U have to consult him before any improvements as in only the tenant. I say goodnight (it is 9:30pm) and tell him its only stuck on, smiling to myself as I have just drilled holes in walls and out up a bathroom cabinet and big mirror. Interfering old ***! Worse us wife though. Never move into a rented house if landlord is neighbour, doubt well be extending our lease!

Edited by Chr15j