What Dog Food Is Best

We have a 2 and a half year old Dalmatian who is on Skinners Maintenance, it is one of the only foods that doesn't upset his stomach.

I have just recently been told that this is a rubbish food that is full of rubbish ingredients and additives, does anyone else use this food or can you recommend a better food.

Those of you with puppies what are you feeding them?

We have a 2 and a half year old Dalmatian who is on Skinners Maintenance, it is one of the only foods that doesn't upset his stomach.

I have just recently been told that this is a rubbish food that is full of rubbish ingredients and additives, does anyone else use this food or can you recommend a better food.

Those of you with puppies what are you feeding them?

If your happy with the fitness and condition of your dog , then it really does not matter what someone who perhaps does not even know what they are talking about says its rubbish !!

Edited by fenboy

james wellbeloved fish and rice,single source protien food,that doesnt flair up his stomach or skin and we thinking you cant mess with fish or rice as much as you can meat................

He gets nothing else except water.

Skinners is good.

James well beloved rice and turkey, also beta lamb and rice there seems to be no difference beta is usually on offer at pets at home "of all places " at £50.00 for 2 15 kg bags, at the end of the day lots of very expensive foods endorsed by well thought of trainers and breeders contain the exact ingredients as cheaper main name brands such as beta, go to a big outlet and compare the ingredients in the top end stuff, you will notice the majority are very similar just made into different shaped and sized kibble..

Edited by delburt0

I've tried chicken mince you can boil it they come in big ***** , smell the kitchen out and makes your dog have the squits "even if your dogs on a stable diet and never had the squits " 30p a **** doesn't surprise me but it may be high in oils but I would rather drink a pint of castrol than give my Seth that again... :) ,,,, suppose its a bit like us on a fri nt when a ruby seems a good idea at the time, even mixed with biscuits I wouldn't give it the time of day ...,**** = t u r d

Edited by delburt0

Are you asking "What dog food is the best" or what do we feed our dogs on?

The best type of dog foods are the ones that are £40+ but they are not always needed.

I tried all the main good brands with my Lab and i am sure they are all cracking dog foods but they just didnt suit her and made her very loose.

So after trying everything in Farmway she ended up on Dr Johns Gold, its only £11 but the main thing is it suits her.

So i think the "Best Dog Food" will not be the best for all dogs.

Also its not that i just want to feed them cheap rubbish, as my Wire Viz pup is on Eukanuba.

My old springer when I lived at home was on tesco cheap tin wet food and biscuits which she loved about 10 quid a month- absolutely full of rubbish and a lot of water but she was a healthy dog all the way through and lived to 16. My friend has 2 Dogs on the vets science plan complete food plus 2 tins a day of the expensive wet food which cost about 75 quid per dog each month and they struggle to keep on weight.

My point is if its working for your dog don't worry about the quality as long as its a reasonably priced food and not tescos own as the only way you will know exactly what goes in is if you are feeding raw. For me personally my dogs are doing great on the skinners complete dry food and I can see no point in spending the time feeding raw.

Edited by ferguson_tom

Are you asking "What dog food is the best" or what do we feed our dogs on?

The best type of dog foods are the ones that are £40+ but they are not always needed.

I tried all the main good brands with my Lab and i am sure they are all cracking dog foods but they just didnt suit her and made her very loose.

So after trying everything in Farmway she ended up on Dr Johns Gold, its only £11 but the main thing is it suits her.

So i think the "Best Dog Food" will not be the best for all dogs.

Also its not that i just want to feed them cheap rubbish, as my Wire Viz pup is on Eukanuba.

Dr Johns Silver Medal & up to Gold Medal when working hard :good: :good: :good: My Lab's have a good coat :yes:

As cocker boy said whatever suits your dog. Personally I can't see past Arden Grange from Berriewood wholesale online, and I've tried a few.

I got a French Bulldog puppy that would always get the runs, I had to keep it on boiled rice and chicken until things got back to normal.

Every time I tried a different food it would get the runs again no matter what it was fed, in the end the Vet said it could be "Wheat intolerant"....What.

I found that Arden Grange contained no wheat, tried it and the dog was fine after that.

Lots of dog foods contain Wheat & certain breeds don't tend to like it.....could be the food you are using now contains no wheat?