Can someone recommend me a mower!

mrmints

get on evil bay and look at whats on offer re used petrol cylinder mowers, my present one is a webb14" absolutely mint, cuts beutifully, cost me £31 yes £31 reckon it would have been about £600 new, either way cylinder over hover everytime.

KW

I've been doing pro mowing for over ten years. You'll not go wrong with a Honda, or as a second to that anything with a Honda engine! John Deere also make good mowers at the moment.

I'm not a Hayter fan. They hate damp grass and the drives aren't that special. Avoid cylinder mowers if there's even the slightest chance of hitting stones - they'll hit a few and then cut the lawn with a long stripe where the blade has been dinged!

The alloy decks are ok, but although they don't rust they will corrode and it's a pretty common fault for the old Honda decks to corrode right through. Look closely before buying used and if it's good it will last a few years. We now run a 19" and 21" Honda both with composite decks and they last well.

Bought a Hayter Hobby (aluminium deck, 4 stroke B&S petrol, rear roller) from fleabay last year. God knows how old it is but it's the best mower I've ever used.

My local mower expert assures me that rotaries give a better cut than cylinders. You pay your money, you take your choice.