More first world problems

ack-ack

I don't like the new Hellmans mayo squeezy bottles.

They have redesigned the bottles at great expense and they are not fit for purpose. Great for storing mayonaise but not so great for dispensing it. I would find it easier to extract my own wisdom teeth than to remove even a smidge of mayo from one of these ludicrous contraptions. The mayo does not slide to the bottom so when stored lid side down as per manufacturers instructions the vessel remains top heavy and falls out of the fridge door every time its opened. PAH!!

I have started using Heinz mayo in protest but it's an inferior product in my opinion.

Does anybody else have any piffling gripes that are of little consequence?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you on the mayo and have reverted back to glass for both mayo and ketchup. There's something so tacky about ketchup in a plastic bottle, very transport café.

First world problems? Well, I find the wrapping on my Melba toasts utterly inadequate. Often every other packet of ten contains at least two broken toasts, it's very awkward to slather paté on small, fragmented slices of Melba toast I can assure you.

Edited by mick miller

Squeezy Marmite. They obviously put some thinning agent in it and it totally changes the taste and consistency. Wrong, just wrong. Marmite is supposed to be hard to spread, stick to everything like **** to a blanket and superglue the lid on the jar after the first time you use it. Anything else is just not cricket. Oh yeah, just remembered! HP sauce, with the British houses of parliament on the label, made in Holland!!! Aghh..........

Edited by Blunderbuss

Squeezy Marmite. They obviously put some thinning agent in it and it totally changes the taste and consistency. Wrong, just wrong. Marmite is supposed to be hard to spread, stick to everything like **** to a blanket and superglue the lid on the jar after the first time you use it. Anything else is just not cricket. Oh yeah, just remembered! HP sauce, with the British houses of parliament on the label, made in Holland!!! Aghh..........

I have converted to vegimite in protest - out colonial brothers have made it a lot easier to spread and to get out of the jar and it is now as sticky. You need a tough slice of bread for marmite if you don't use margarine (which I don't) otherwise it tears the bread. Vegimite is much better for more delicate bread...

The parking spaces in Sainsbury's are too narrow for my f-type. I'm forced to use the mother and child bays and then get disparaging glances from pregnant mothers with young children.

What else am I supposed to do?

I used to park my soft top beetle in the trolley park and then get out dukes of hazzrd style. Saved the paint work getting knacked by auld gimmers swinging the doors on their old metros carelessly.

I also dont like the way that my ear cancels calls whilst using my i-phone. Very poor design.

I used to park my soft top beetle in the trolley park and then get out dukes of hazzrd style. Saved the paint work getting knacked by auld gimmers swinging the doors on their old metros carelessly.

I also dont like the way that my ear cancels calls whilst using my i-phone. Very poor design.

Good idea!

Edited by mick miller

The parking spaces in Sainsbury's are too narrow for my f-type. I'm forced to use the mother and child bays and then get disparaging glances from pregnant mothers with young children.

What else am I supposed to do?

Park in two spaces in a quieter area of the car park? Its my pet hate people parking where they shouldnt. Those that use disabled spaces and have no badge and are perfectly able really p**$ me off. I have seen me park behind people who use family spaces but seem to leave them at home. Funny when they have to wait 30 mins for me to get out. Lazy ****.

I ripped one off earlier and the aroma had the cheek to waft perfectly vertically into the track of my nasal passages. I had to 're consume, hold my lungs and then visciouly attack the silent ninja wasp what appeared from no where, it also embarked rather quickly aswell? After this nervous situation I carried on walking due north where the air was clearer. Disaster aborted, men at ease, stand down.

Why does 'easy opening' packaging on food 90% of the time end up requiring scissors or a knife because only the pull tab comes off easily, not the rest of the packaging?

And when will the suppliers realise that technology has moved on and purveyors of corned beef no longer appreciate being attacked by a vicious snake of razor wire when opening a tin, the pull rings on the bottom of tins were designed to prevent corned beef induced deaths by loss of blood!