Another delay in sons FAC

Davyo

Well it looks like my son(14yrs old) is going to beat my record of 7mths for FAC. Sons application has been with them since 01/02/2013.Was putting of progress chasing it because when i phoned about mine after waiting 6mths i got a load of abuse.I phoned today and was advised that they where just waiting for a reply from my sons school regarding a character.The officer said "you might want to phone the school and ask them to respond". I did and was told,"we have not received any letter", so back on the phone to FAC dept and was told "FEO has updated computer to say sent letter to school on 03/05/13.Any way the officer rang the FEO who confirmed didn't send a letter in.

So back to square one, he's gona be 18 at this rate

Edited by Davyo

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it looks like my son(14yrs old) is going to beat my record of 7mths for FAC. Sons application has been with them since 01/02/2013.Was putting of progress chasing it because when i phoned about mine after waiting 6mths i got a load of abuse.I phoned today and was advised that they where just waiting for a reply from my sons school regarding a character.The officer said "you might want to phone the school and ask them to respond". I did and was told,"we have not received any letter", so back on the phone to FAC dept and was told "FEO has updated computer to say sent letter to school on 03/05/13.Any way the officer rang the FEO who confirmed didn't send a letter in.

So back to square one, he's gona be 18 at this rate

I understand it can feel awkward, but they are public servants, you pay their wages, you DO NOT take any abuse. :no::no::no:

:good::good:

yep you quest it.

No surprise there then. If i were you i would get in touch with BASC now and ask their advice. On contacting your licensing dept you do not expect to receive abuse no should you accept it. Just not good enough. Disgraceful in fact. Remember you are a paying customer. Good luck and keep us all posted :good:

ATB,

Pat

Had a surprise with my application, from the day my missus handed it in at work, I had an inspection 5 days later, and received my certs 3 weeks after, I was totally gob smacked and really taken by surprise when the FEO rang and asked if I wanted my certs dropping off :good:

I have put this down to living with a member of the unnamed force and do think the saying is correct it's who you know not what you know.

anyway good luck and enjoy your shooting with your son when he does get it through

Josh had his interview & inspection within 1 wk but thats when it stopped.Fun though my mate who has applied for FAC AIR ONLY, with no intension at the moment for anyother cal, had a call from Durham today asking him that they wher working his application after 5mths & they noted he did not have a seperate storage for his amo/bolt????.He pointed out that he was only applying for FAC AIR & at this point didnt feel a seperate safe was applicable & this was agred on his ispection/interview.(it was agreed that if he was going to apply for a variation in the future ,then a seperate safe would be installed) oH said ok?

Edited by Davyo

My son got his FAC about the same age as your son is, I asked the FLO did they contact his school, they said no, its nothing to do with school. To be honest your sons FAC is a waste of time until he is 18 as any rifles can only be gifted to him from you, so you need to pay for a variation to put it on your ticket then gifted it to him.

I don't think the school knowing your son has a FAC is a good idea.

Reggiegun

My son got his FAC about the same age as your son is, I asked the FLO did they contact his school, they said no, its nothing to do with school. To be honest your sons FAC is a waste of time until he is 18 as any rifles can only be gifted to him from you, so you need to pay for a variation to put it on your ticket then gifted it to him.

Reggiegun

The lad has permission to use my rifles though as it states it on his ticket :good: so not a waste of time at all :no:

Reggiegun

Josh will be using under a shared arrangement and my guns will be on his cert as not owned but shared.The school bit im not concerned with as the head gets a constant supply of pigeons & rabbits from Josh.I am lead to believe its quite commen for the schools to be contacted. Edited by Davyo

Have to say Durham have amazed me this week (in a good way for a change!), put my FAC in for two 1 for 1 variations on Wednesday, they posted it back Thursday and I got it Saturday!.

I was gob-smacked to say the least!, the last variation took over 2 weeks and the change of address/variation took 2-1/2 months earlier this year!.

Edited by phaedra1106

Mines been going on for about a year now and still don't no if it's going to get granted its been about 5 month since the firearms officer came out every time I phone about it there looking in to it I will be gutted if they turn it down now after all this time that's south yourkshire police by the way

How long do you recon for them to give my son his £50 back lol.Joking aside I am more concerned that they are saying they don't know what each other are doing! & the fact that a computer was updated to say letter sent, but apparently not.When i applied for mine they stated they lost my application after 6mts.

Edited by Davyo

How long do you recon for them to give my son his £50 back lol.Joking aside I am more concerned that they are saying they don't know what each other are doing! & the fact that a computer was updated to say letter sent, but apparently not.When i applied for mine they stated they lost my application after 6mts.

Cant understand why youre having so much trouble with Durham but I suppose someone has to. Why not make an appointment to see the head of firearms licensing and talk it through with her/him. I had a bit of bother getting vermin on my 243 and after a meeting with the head of firearms it was granted no bother.

Phoned yesterday to see whats happening regarding letter not actually been sent to Joshs school, guess what, they said they have no idea what the FEO is doing.l have given up.

I can't understand why you appear reluctant to involve your shooting organisation;personally I would have been round to licensing in person some time ago and told them what I thought about them especially in view of the fact you say they have been abusive in their dealings with you over the phone.Would you accept this sort of (non) service from any other body to which you had paid money?Get your shooting organisation involved asap;rock a few boats.

Edited by Scully