Inconsiderate *******.

JDog

On my travels locally this afternoon I came upon a man in a Range Rover in a rape stubble field setting out decoys. I could see that he was a novice by the way he set out the pattern and the fact that he left his car within 50m of his hide position.

Out of curiosity when I came back three hours later I parked up and went over to his hide position just for a nosey. He had obviously gone but I noticed that all of the pigeons had had shot were thrown into the hedge behind his position and to make matters worse his cartridges had been piled in a heap in the hedge.

I picked up the pigeons and the cartridges and was just leaving the field when the farmer pulled up. I told him what I had found and he told me that he would call the man and tell him that he was no longer welcome to shoot on his farm. I will now take on this very good piece of land which is a mile from home.

Far to much of this goes on, the only thing you should leave behind are a few feathers.

Very please he lost the land and you picked it up.

I've never understood the issue about leaving pigeons. I've left them in the hedges as fox bait for the lamping lads, and everyone ends up happy.

I've never understood the issue about leaving pigeons. I've left them in the hedges as fox bait for the lamping lads, and everyone ends up happy.

Bleeh that is very poor form. I defended you when Actionman and you were having a set to but I cannot condone your habit of leaving freshly shot birds in a hedge.

IF they are in an edible condition, thats what should happen to them. Any that aren't are then dog/fox/ ferret food. Leaving carts is unforgivable though, and personally I won't use plastic wads over farmland. The only plastic wads I use are at the clayground or when 'fowling as I have no choice then and console myself with the thought that I only have a very few shots.

Hope the bloke had not just shot off for a call of nature or an emergency................probably not but lets not jail him before he has a chance to defend himself eh?

He had taken down his hide, taken in his decoys, handled the cartridges and thrown them in a hedge and picked the pigeons from the field and chucked those in the hedge too and driven off. The man could not possibly have a defence.

I hate this sort of behavior with a vengeance.

Good food is being wasted and leaving anything but a few feathers is nothing but showing disrespect to those who have been good enough to grant you permission to shoot.

His loss is your gain JDog and he has got just what he deserves.

Well done , wen I went to my disaster trip down Nuneaton last summer ,,the Guide had clearly shot out his own fields and took us to his rouge friends wheat stubble!

Walked around looking for tell tale signs of hides and found 2 with cartridges and piles of dead pigeon !

Our guide was a crook !!!!!

happens every harvest with me and two lads who shoot with me...am there all year round and they yes u know who "yous" are are never seen until low and behold the fields come down then tha there like flies on s...! and they leave shell emptys all over and the odd pigeon in the hedge along from were they shoot...sad coz they are allowed to go on but never turn up till harvest,thats why I now have a lot more shooting in my area! :good:

I had same problem near to my house someone was shooting on the fields opposite my house I've not got permission on as the farmer charges people to shoot pigeons.but went over when he packed up with my dog and picked 27 pricked pigeons up but the only problem is you get a lot of dog walkers on the bridle path if Some one seen all of these injured birds hopping about doesn't make are sport look good. Bonus was put the pigeons in chest freezer for game dealer happy days :)

Can't stand that behaviour at all, told the chap at runs a syndicate that I was not happyv with the piles of carts and dead pigeons and pointed out that on my permissions the farmer would sack me on the spot, he shrugged his shoulders. Thankfully I'm moving home and picking up my old perms to boot. Manners cost nothing.

Leaving a mess, be it cartridge cases or sandwich wrappers, really annoys me.

I know quite a few shooters that leave some pigeons behind, not unlike what they do with rooks, but not near the hide location.

Thats really their choice.

The chap doesn't seem to have done too bad with his novice layout and car parked 50 yards from his hide. :)

Leave the countryside as you found it. As for people leaving dead birds all over the place.............beggars belief

Was it a posh new model Range Rover I wonder?

They must have a better class of yob in Norfolk, most of the shooters that are a pain to me, drive small white vans, or beat up saloon cars. :)

They must have a better class of yob in Norfolk, most of the shooters that are a pain to me, drive small white vans, or beat up saloon cars. :)

Good evening Cranners. I was referring to the OP's question in post #1 where JDog makes reference to " .... afternoon I came upon a man in a Range Rover in a rape stubble field setting out decoys".

As you ask this has nothing whatsoever to do with the class of yobbo we have in Norfolk.

We do have a lot of "..i used to work as a banker and coined it for a while and i've now gone skint so thought i'd try the countryside and Norfolk is less populated than Kent and my "friends" won't find me"......types!

Give me your small white van and beat up saloon drivers any day. :)

I remove the heads and wings some times and leave them in the hedge, wings and heads are waste not the body that can be sold, given away or used.

If the keeper wants to shoot a fox the heads and wings keep the fox milling about too, far better than full birds

Bad practise leaving birds in the hedges :no:

Edited by Actionpigeons