most lifting ballad/melody in your opinion

unapalomablanca

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is billy joel, piano man. What a story he Is telling, what a tune, what a proper beer song. I love it and always have done. Its got the lot, harmonica, piano, lyrics, a story and a sing along melody. A masterpiece, especially with beer in hand.

So whats yours?

una.

many tunes for many moods , this is my favourite "staggering in at 4am" song , it very rarely happens these days but once in a blue moon i will have a night on the lash , ill stagger in and knock the top off a bottle of scotch and get my harmonica out of the cupboard , piano man goes on the cd player and i play and sing along at the top of my voice until the scotch bottle is empty :friends: , fortunately i dont have a neighbour and the kids already think im a mentallist anyway lol , the downside is that i normally feel ill for three or four days afterwards :yes:

Van Morrison - Bright side of the road - voted most uplifting song in history - couple of months ago.

Personally - I like Van doing Caravan on the film - The Last Waltz. As he saunters off to rapturous applause - Robbie Robertson says "Van the man". Priceless.

Edited by Gordon R

My best memory of a song having a reaction was when I was 14 year old I was fighting in the European championships in France . iwas stood in the line up with the British squad facing our opponents with the national anthem playing !! Now that sent shivers down your spine .....

Yep I won :-) I was British , national and European champion that year ....

Prob now it would be crazy train or oozy Osborns mama I'm coming home

Edited by mad1

I've got loads!!

Love:-

"Sweet Disposition"- The Temper Trap!!

"Belfast Child"- Simple Minds

"One"- U2

"Streets of Philadelphia" - Bruce Springsteen

"St Elmos Fire"- John Parr

"Boys of Summer"- Don Henley

"Against All Odds"- Phil Collins

"Every Breath You Take"- The Police