Bog Seat

Fatcatsplat

I have a conundrum for the PW massive - The Fatcatsplat household has one Khazi and numerous personnel who utilise it's services on a regular basis - Problem is we are going through at least 3 bog seats a year as the brackets work themselves loose which ususally culminates in a knacker trapping sidewards slide(The problem here may well be exacerbated by me being a bit of a lardy).

The seats are all good, but the metalwork is knackered - Anyone got any tips on keeping the pit stop in tip top condition?

Any suggestions, practical or humorous, thoroughly encouraged!!

Get one of them seats for the infirm where it clamps to the top of the pan so won't move and you won't need to squat as far :good:

Or man up and warm the china rim.

Could you not cut grooves into the little bumpers under the seat to stop the side ways slippage on the seat when knocking off the clinker :lol:

Look at bariatric toilet accessories, the bottom buddy might help with wiping without leaning on one cheek.

Have a word with Teal see if he can do a Pigeon Watch spinning hide seat version for bogs.

Figgy

Edited by figgy

Been in this situation

Best I have come up with so far has been to Araldite the metalwork screws into place.....

Touch wood :whistling: it has worked so far

:shaun:

I resorted to loctite, recently bought a couple of the type that don't slam down from Costco ,so far so good

I have a conundrum for the PW massive - The Fatcatsplat household has one Khazi and numerous personnel who utilise it's services on a regular basis - Problem is we are going through at least 3 bog seats a year as the brackets work themselves loose which ususally culminates in a knacker trapping sidewards slide(The problem here may well be exacerbated by me being a bit of a lardy).

The seats are all good, but the metalwork is knackered - Anyone got any tips on keeping the pit stop in tip top condition?

Any suggestions, practical or humorous, thoroughly encouraged!!

as below :good:

Just go next to the roadside ;)

I am thinking the M6 toll road, :whistling:

i always use loctite / clear nail varnish on the nut bits - stops them working loose

Nail varnish?

Seriously, don't consider those "slow fall" seats; what's slow to fall is equally slow to rise. There's you with a full bladder, "she"''s dropped the seat & you're trying to hold the "old fellow" with one hand whilst also trying to raise and stop the bloody seat from repeatedly falling back down with the other.

You can buy pads that screw under the seat and "lip" downwards over the edge thus preventing sideways movement+use Loctite on the mounting screws.

Yes, that works well to stop slippage

3 seats a year!, blimey that's some failure-rate