Snobbery or just rude

Davyo

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its the same old story.take a look back over the threads you will find it happens with all makes.the hatsan does have a problem in the brand with some of the early ones and so that is all they need to hammer someone.any chink will do however I do believe in the main it is not snobbery in most cases after all if money was no object what would you buy.also if you were a competition shooter doing say 20-30 thousand carts a year would you choose one of the cheap models would they stand up to it.i shoot comps and demand 100% from my guns would i get this from the cheap makes.would i get ten years of this kind of usage from one.its the same for everything in life.horses for courses.

Edited by bostonmick

There's some people that will look down on certain gun makes.

It really doesn't matter what shotgun you use as long as your having fun whilst using it that's what I think that matters in my opinion :yes:

I'm with you on this - I enjoy whatever I shoot whether it's £400 or £3000 worth of gun.

They all go bang and all make kills when pointed in the right direction.

ATB

Blooming silly. I dont care what anyone says they all go bang and drop quarry if used correctly. Brand snobery enrages me.

Its them sort of people that ruin certain types of shooting ie id like to go on driven days BUT the fact I dont wear tweed this and barbour that and shoot with a purdey whats name gun would be enough to keep me away. Daft but true.

Blooming silly. I dont care what anyone says they all go bang and drop quarry if used correctly. Brand snobery enrages me.

Its them sort of people that ruin certain types of shooting ie id like to go on driven days BUT the fact I dont wear tweed this and barbour that and shoot with a purdey whats name gun would be enough to keep me away. Daft but true.

only ever seen one purdey on a driven shoot.plenty of barbour though.if you want to do it just sign up and go.you may be surprised.atb

I frequently shoot wearing teeed jacket or barbour tweed gillet & cap, with moleskin trousers. Hunter wellies and a Baikal 12 bore single ... because, l do things for "ME"

If Hatsan's float you're boat, crack on ... lots post on here recommending specific gins only " my therory is their trying to keep their secondhand value high, so they dont loose on depreciation :) ... maybe!"

On the other hand...... many people sing the praises of Baikal, a very budget brand, but one that has not acquired a reputation of blowing up or jamming up. I have owned several Baikals, and wouldn't hesitate to own another, but would think twice about a Hatsan.

there hear !!!!!!

I got a hatsan and love it not once let me down never jams shoots every cart I have put in it including home loads!!

On the other hand...... many people sing the praises of Baikal, a very budget brand, but one that has not acquired a reputation of blowing up or jamming up. I have owned several Baikals, and wouldn't hesitate to own another, but would think twice about a Hatsan.

:yes::yes::good:

Gun snobbery exists in a small number of people and as such has no place in shooting, there are many inexpensive guns that can produce excellent results and bring their owners considerable enjoyment, that is very different from the Hatsan that has a bad safety and reliability reputation. :good:

I have one of the newer ones, it must be one of the newer ones because I've used it in a few extreme circumstances and not had a single problem.

Also it looks good too, better wood than some of my other guns that cost ten times more dosh.

Baikel guns are something I could never get my head round either, why were they so under rated.

Their government subsidised the export of them just to get foreign currency and they were so cheap over here so people looked down on them.

They were well built and I never heard of one breaking down or blowing up.

So in both cases, it just goes to show that a cheap price does not always mean rubbish.

Edited by EMcC

I love my hatsan, I got more expensive guns in the cab but if I'm out on pigeon etc I'll always grab the hatsan, works well, and I'm not to bothered if it gets knocked , scraped on wire etc.

Each to their own, I bet most of the haters have never even fired a hatsan, let alone owned one!!!!

I love my hatsan, I got more expensive guns in the cab but if I'm out on pigeon etc I'll always grab the hatsan, works well, and I'm not to bothered if it gets knocked , scraped on wire etc.

Each to their own, I bet most of the haters have never even fired a hatsan, let alone owned one!!!!

Got a Hatsan, mossy oak. Sometimes on the range people make comments, but I don't give a s..t. Works for me. Want a rough field gun not a beaty contestant. Someone posted here about his mint £££ gun was dropped because zip failed on gunbag and almost crying. Gun not so mint now. Wouldn't be such a big issue for me. Gun is not a fetish to admire for me, it is only a tool.

Shoot what ever you like just shoot it safely.

I hate the early Hatsans I had a choke blow out the end of one and the replacement got a ring bulge after a month by the choke. So yes IMHO don't touch the early ones the more modern one I think are great reliable guns in 3" if one comes up at the right one I'll have it for the hide.

I have never even fired a Hatsan but see plenty being used without trouble, having said that there IS such as thing as a cack gun/make and personally I make a point of avoiding certain makes and would never recommend or buy one, would I enter a thread just to make snide remarks about one ? NO.

:yes::yes::good:

Gun snobbery exists in a small number of people and as such has no place in shooting, there are many inexpensive guns that can produce excellent results and bring their owners considerable enjoyment, that is very different from the Hatsan that has a bad safety and reliability reputation. :good:

Where on earth did you get the bad safety thing from? Safety is in the hands of the user! And as for reliability again in the hands of the user!

Keep it clean and it will work properly,be lazy and leave it dirty and you'll get recycling problems. Simples

ATB

Jim