What a bunch of woofters!

Scully

I'm referring to footballers of course having just sat through some of the Germany/Portugal game with my son. How these tarts can claim to be 'sportsmen' is beyond me; big, strong, athletic and super fit, yet they fall over at the whiff of a handbag and then square up to each other like a couple of drunken teen's. Hilarious! I can't take them seriously I'm afraid as sportsmen with all their petulant posturing and what is in fact when all's said and done, cheating.

Why is this allowed to go on?

Are you old enough to remember when it was considered an honour to represent YOUR Country?

Yep. Can also remember when men were men and slugged it out toe to toe on the football pitch, such as Bremner, Lee and Hunter. If I recall I think Keegan was involved somewhere also. None of this pussy-footing about with hard stares and blowing kisses at each other.

Am I right in thinking it was Jurgen Klinsman who started the 'professional' dive?

My son plays for his school and town and I went down to collect him one evening some years ago I found him and his mates covered in mud,literally, from head to toe. When I asked him what he'd been doing he told me with a big smile they'd been practising their diving techniques. Says it all really.

from the 2011 challenge cup final report:

"Winger Charnley sustained a compound fracture in his finger in the opening moments of the 28-18 win over Leeds, while prop forward Mossop suffered a dislocated shoulder shortly after entering the action as a substitute.

Charnley stayed on throughout and scored the game's opening try while Mossop went back on in the second half after having his shoulder put back into its socket by medical staff."

When you get paid £300,000 a week to play anyway ( Rooney I think?) where is the incentive?

The money they get is a joke, When you think what people that do something useful get paid Doctors nurses etc. One saves lives the other kicks a ball round a pitch.

They don't flap and roll around like landed fish because they are 'woofters', they do it to try to gain an advantage, it has just become the thing to do - if they were fouled and they carried on as if nothing happened there is a greater chance that they won't get a free kick.

If I earned 300k a week I would still want to represent my country in the world cup as no money can buy that experience.

They don't flap and roll around like landed fish because they are 'woofters', they do it to try to gain an advantage, it has just become the thing to do - if they were fouled and they carried on as if nothing happened there is a greater chance that they won't get a free kick.

I don't understand why so many people fail to grasp this very simple point.

When you get paid £300,000 a week to play anyway ( Rooney I think?) where is the incentive?

I do not follow football at all. I know nothing about it but it seems awash with money and it's killing sport.

That is a very Good point.I was a Child of the Eightys and followed Liverpool as a boy and watched the games in black and White on the telly. Hard men like Graham Souness made football a tough contact sport worth watching,I rarely bother watching much of anymore but still take a passing interest in Liverpool.

A Couple of little unknown Games outside of Ireland is Where you will find all the passion and physicality you could wish For.

Gaelic Football and Hurling is played with unbelievable passion and Skill by Men Who's physic and Fitness would put a US marine to Shame.

Players take big hits and just get on with it.Anyone not familiar with Hurling Would look at it and assume it was just a crowd of paddys knocking **** out of each other with Sticks.

Nothing could be further from the truth. It is the fasted and most skillful game in the World and many would argue the Best.

You will see men getting a Hurley stick Wrapped around there legs' but will carry on and play the ball before even thinking about going to ground and looking for treatment.

The games have now become global thanks to a very controversial move by the GAA "Grab all association" to sell the viewing rights of our summer games to Sky.

supposedly so the Irish abroad have access to the games' but they never thought to much or cared for the many older Irish people who have followed the sport for years and are no longer able to travel to games and now will have to install sky if they want to watch the games live.

Anyhow if any of you Good citizens of the UK want to see a games that are full of physicality,skill and men Who put everything on the line for the pride of their County jersey then tune into Sky sports on Sundays and watch the likes of Cork/Care v Killkenny/limerick in the hurling or Donegal/Tryone V Dublin/kerry/mayo in Football and you will not be disappointed.

Oh I forgot to mention' they are amateur Games only played for the love of the Sport and pride in your county jersey.

I can assure you of one thing' You will not see any Woofters..!!

That is a very Good point.I was a Child of the Eightys and followed Liverpool as a boy and watched the games in black and White on the telly. Hard men like Graham Souness made football a tough contact sport worth watching,I rarely bother watching much of anymore but still take a passing interest in Liverpool.

A Couple of little unknown Games outside of Ireland is Where you will find all the passion and physicality you could wish For.

Gaelic Football and Hurling is played with unbelievable passion and Skill by Men Who's physic and Fitness would put a US marine to Shame.

Players take big hits and just get on with it.Anyone not familiar with Hurling Would look at it and assume it was just a crowd of paddys knocking **** out of each other with Sticks.

Nothing could be further from the truth. It is the fasted and most skillful game in the World and many would argue the Best.

You will see men getting a Hurley stick Wrapped around there legs' but will carry on and play the ball before even thinking about going to ground and looking for treatment.

The games have now become global thanks to a very controversial move by the GAA "Grab all association" to sell the viewing rights of our summer games to Sky.

supposedly so the Irish abroad have access to the games' but they never thought to much or cared for the many older Irish people who have followed the sport for years and are no longer able to travel to games and now will have to install sky if they want to watch the games live.

Anyhow if any of you Good citizens of the UK want to see a games that are full of physicality,skill and men Who put everything on the line for the pride of their County jersey then tune into Sky sports on Sundays and watch the likes of Cork/Care v Killkenny/limerick in the hurling or Donegal/Tryone V Dublin/kerry/mayo in Football and you will not be disappointed.

Oh I forgot to mention' they are amateur Games only played for the love of the Sport and pride in your county jersey.

I can assure you of one thing' You will not see any Woofters..!!

To right, I have watched it a couple of times on the TV and its a hard game. Its similiar to shinty which as I am sure you know is played in parts of Scotland.

Because footballers like to cheat .....

Yup

Yet they don't see it as cheating, they get upset when you accuse them of cheating,

But let's not pretend that cheating doesn't happen in rugby as well,

Remember the false blood saga?

They went onto the pitch to deliberately cheat

:shaun:

Nostalgia, can any of you remember the gentlemanly conduct of Norman Hunter, Jimmy Scoular and Maurice Setters?

Now they were real men and real footballers who sadly in today's game would have been Red carded within ten minutes.

I remember playing as a 16 year old against Jimmy, he kicked me all round the park , my legs were blue with bruises for days after.

Waiting for a corner he said "Take it easy kid, it's only a game, use your loaf and you won't get hurt." Thankfully we won and I did have a good game, but I still flinch when I think of his tackling.

Edited by Salopian