Small Heart Attack.. Gutted

djgeoff

Sorry to hear about that.

But the good thing is that it was only a small one and you are here to tell the tail.

Good luck with any hospital visits , I hope that they can put it all right with an op, or that they can treat it with meds and lifestyle change. The latter one is best around, easyer and better than any op.

Good luck with everything mate.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A small heart attack? I was told by my consultant there are 2 types of heart attack the one's that kill you and the one's that don't. At the end of the day you have either a blockage or severe narrowing of the arteries.

The angiogram will show any blockages or narrowing I would think they will insert a stent or 2 or more if they find any problems.

I had 3 inserted over 15 years ago and recently had a further angiogram which showed the stents where still open. [ after suffering further bouts of angina, they have now changed my medication ]

Todays medication works wonders. No need to pack the beer up but smoking is definatly a no no. Red meat won't harm you or butter or full fat milk. We don't consume enough of it to do any harm. Processed food is the killer.

Good luck with the angiogram, if you're worried ask for a sedative it is painless but slightly uncomftable. They seem to favour inserting the catheter in the wrist now not the femural artery.

Look after yourself and if you start getting wound up about anything then just let it go, it's not worth it. Hope your recovery goes well.

3am one day I woke up with terrible indigestion. I went downstairs for a while so I didn't disturb my wife. After half an hour or so it wore off and I went back to bed.

Two weeks later at around 7pm I was sat on the settee at home when the indigestion returned. It got so bad that by the time my wife returned home half an hour later I was laying on the settee in agony. The pain now went from the middle of my chest, up my neck and even into my teeth.

My wife said "Shall I call you an ambulance"?

I said "Yes please"!

She said "Geoff, you're an ambulance"!

I said "^&%%$&(&((*())0---0--ing ambulance!!!!!"

By the time I got out of hospital, a week later, having been on a ward with demented patients who slept all day and were shouting all night and a fire alarm which kept going off of its own accord then I felt nearer death than when I went in!

That was 13 years ago now and I'm fitter than I've been for years. Even got a Green belt in Tang Soo Do so there is life after a heart attack.

BIL had this wasn't going to get any help as he thought is was indigestion. My sister had just done a First Aid Course the month before and realised it wasn't indigestion and called an ambulance despite protests of it wasn't needed. When BIL recovered he was told lots of exercise don't over do it. Still walking dogs out every day after 10 years now 66

Best Wishes and hope you are soon out and about again.

Can't add anything to Ditchman's comments. You're actually very lucky. I had an almost identical experience 11 years ago. I had three, or was it 4, stents inserted. Stopped smoking immediately (this is absolutely essential). If they're going to use stents ask if you can have "drug-eluting" stents. They cost more but you avoid being one of the 30% whose bodies reject bare metal stents, which was my experience. I'm not a doctor of medicine so this should be thoroughly checked. 11 years on, I'm 73 and fit as a flea. Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

Try this… Lecigran

http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/g-r-lanes-lecigran-granules-500g-tub#.U9Iu7bER5G4

Product Description Recommended Dosage

Take 1 teaspoonful 3 times daily. Can be sprinkled onto cereals or taken direct from the spoon.

Ingredients

Soya lecithin: providing phospholipids 97%.

Nutritional Information

Each 3.5g teaspoonful typically provides: Phosphatidyl choline 665-805mg, phosphatidyl inositol 280-455mg, choline 126mg, inositol 80mg, phosphorus 105mg (13% EC Recommended Daily Allowance).

Other Information

Lecigran is biologically a highly active lecithin complex, rich in phosphatidyl choline, which plays an important part in the breakdown of fat in the liver and the emulsification of fat in food. Lecigran may be chosen as a supplement by those following a low fat, low cholesterol diet. One teaspoonful of Lecigran is equivalent to eighteen 270mg lecithin capsules.

Dairy Free Gluten Free Lactose Free Vegan Wheat Free Yeast Free

Hi mate hope all goes well.

Had a 'minor' one myself 6 weeks ago (am 58) didnt know thats what it was at the time tho!!
Finished up in A&E then critical care for 2 days then Papworth where I had an angiogram and 4 stents put in!
Now on tablets [for ever] but am still alive back at work, shooting etc

Was allowed to drive week 10 days after the 'event' even my motorbike!!

Take all the help and advice you can from the cardiac recovery teams they know what they are up to.

Edited by masmiffy

Can't add anything to Ditchman's comments. You're actually very lucky. I had an almost identical experience 11 years ago. I had three, or was it 4, stents inserted. Stopped smoking immediately (this is absolutely essential). If they're going to use stents ask if you can have "drug-eluting" stents. They cost more but you avoid being one of the 30% whose bodies reject bare metal stents, which was my experience. I'm not a doctor of medicine so this should be thoroughly checked. 11 years on, I'm 73 and fit as a flea. Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

cheers made note of your advise i will mention stents when i go in next wk

Try this… Lecigran

http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/g-r-lanes-lecigran-granules-500g-tub#.U9Iu7bER5G4

Product Description Recommended Dosage

Take 1 teaspoonful 3 times daily. Can be sprinkled onto cereals or taken direct from the spoon.

Ingredients

Soya lecithin: providing phospholipids 97%.

Nutritional Information

Each 3.5g teaspoonful typically provides: Phosphatidyl choline 665-805mg, phosphatidyl inositol 280-455mg, choline 126mg, inositol 80mg, phosphorus 105mg (13% EC Recommended Daily Allowance).

Other Information

Lecigran is biologically a highly active lecithin complex, rich in phosphatidyl choline, which plays an important part in the breakdown of fat in the liver and the emulsification of fat in food. Lecigran may be chosen as a supplement by those following a low fat, low cholesterol diet. One teaspoonful of Lecigran is equivalent to eighteen 270mg lecithin capsules.

Dairy Free Gluten Free Lactose Free Vegan Wheat Free Yeast Free

will look this one up ta very much

I had to have a stent put in about 8 years ago I think that in many ways it was a good thing as we here all of the time about people just having a big hart attack and they are dead if they had had a worning shot like I got then they would probably still be with us now all it takes is a couple of stents and take some pills and you can live for ever :good: