badger balti?

remmy1100

came across a article about eating badger (which was widespead in england untill 1600) and got me thinking about things that get eaten/used to that most wouldnt touch with barge pole. was in morrisons other day and chinese lady had pigs trotters ,ox tongue ect.i remember my grandad used to love tripe done in milk and cowheel and my gran (93) old dear who often got served up sheeps brains on toast :sick: ,the french eat snails ,frogs legs even starlings,the chinese anything that moves and arabs sheeps/goats eyeballs and testicals.,and monkeys brains...and bear gryles well lets not go there.....anyone eaten anything unusual by todays standards and lets leave out ....you girlfriends mothers hot honey pie :whistling:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cuttlefish in Malaysia, crickets, locusts, spiders in Thailand, and troop monkey in Borneo, also jungle rat in Borneo,

Cuttlefish was delicious, spiders , locusts , crickets and various other bugs were quite nice deep fried wth chili and peanut sauce( they just tasted like crunchy dirt on there own) the rat was nice but the monkey tasted like rear holes and was like rubber?also had shark fin soup in Malaysia and it tasted like eating pure salt with a gelatine texture,

Also raw mackerel which is delicious, fresh limpit quite good but doesn't need much cooking, squirrel , worms( squeeze the innards out and fry) taste like earthy bacon plus the usual as per Konnies post

Oh and maggots, bees and wasps, flys and earwigs etc( done as dares as a kid ha ha)

Atb

Flynny

Edited by flynny

I love honey comb tripe and cows udder with salt and vinegar. Ox tongue is mouthwatering with cold and mustard my wife and kids love it to.

Cod roe mmmmm. Grandparents ate sweetbreads and also potted meat with cow heel,awful gelatinous stuff that stunk. I've tried and eaten all sorts over the years.

Everyone who has eaten pork pies and sausage will have eaten all parts of the animal.

Figgy