The wait is nearly over...

steveyg

I was kindly offered a half gun in my local syndicate for this season and Saturday is our first day... :yahoo:

I have only ever shot at a beaters day before so I am really looking forward to meeting everyone and hopefully bagging a few for the pot.

Big thank you to Jdog and Pickerup for their advice and tips.

Be safe and sporting will be my main priority (the latter will be the most challenging...haven't shot for ages so I will want to have a go at everything :lol: )

The weather isn't looking great however it will not interfere with the enjoyment of the day....should I set myself a target?? I would be happy with a brace .

It will be another step in my learning curve in this great sport of ours..

I will let you know how I get on :good:

Enjoy your day , a long time since I have shot driven pheasant ( cant afford it on paupers wages) dont shoot you neighbours birds , dont shoot low flyers and dont swing through the line , and you will be welcomed back !

Oh and try not to look a complete numpty by missing them all :lol:

Enjoy your day , a long time since I have shot driven pheasant ( cant afford it on paupers wages) dont shoot you neighbours birds , dont shoot low flyers and dont swing through the line , and you will be welcomed back !

looking a numpty is my biggest concern.... :blush: hey ho....at least they are a little bigger than the pesky pigeon

Don't set any targets as you might become stressed and it will ruin your day if you don't connect with any. A lot will depend on how many birds the shoot has put down, on the numbers that get shot.

I'm sure the other guns will advise you on what is sporting and what is not. If it's a beat one stand one you could maybe ask a friendly gun to stand with you and show you the ropes.

The only advice I can offer is go with a open mind, enjoy a safe days shooting and expect a lot of banter. Don't be afraid to ask questions, we all had to start out ourselves at some point. If you connect with a "low" bird. Stretch the range for your next.

Have a great day :good:

looking a numpty is my biggest concern.... :blush: hey ho....at least they are a little bigger than the pesky pigeon

If you as much as ruffle a feather on one of those pheasants ive been looking after for the last few months, your next stand will be on the island outside the barley mow in studley

Why ?

If you no your neighbor it can be fun :whistling::oops::innocent:

Just remember safe shots are welcomed back :yes: go have some fun but be safe :good: