Free At Last!

Fuji Shooter

My lad passed his driving test today 3 weeks after is 17th Birthday.

Yeah - no more hanging around gig venues late at night to bring home loads of teen lads or being the unpaid roadie for his bands.

On a more sombre note I just paid his insurance premium - Gulp

Edited by Freakmode

Now you will age 5 years every time he drives away :( Panic every time the phone rings and you see his name (+6 years per call) :(

And have a big sigh of relief every time he pulls into the driveway (-1 year every time), only to get ready for next time he tells you he's going out.

I speak for experience, duaghter started driving a couple of months ago. I'm now 164 years old :)

Now you will age 5 years every time he drives away :( Panic every time the phone rings and you see his name (+6 years per call) :(

And have a big sigh of relief every time he pulls into the driveway (-1 year every time), only to get ready for next time he tells you he's going out.

I speak for experience, duaghter started driving a couple of months ago. I'm now 164 years old :)

:lol::good:

No need, I bought him his own :good:

Your a hero , bought him a car and paid his insurance.

I did the same and had the dreaded knock , two yellow jacketed police officers at midnight. The outcome was OK. Some scars but the other driver was not insured and our insurance was great.

Just tell him to be careful and start to learn to drive now that he has passed his test and beware of other drivers.

Get a little black box hide it up the dash and say its a requirement from insurance so they can monitor speed and driving behavior!! Keep him driving sensible!!!

What I'm planning to do anyway!! Scares me the way some of these young lads drive (not all) I look back when I was young and I got out of some bad situations purely by luck not skill!!!

He has been driving since the age of 12 with a couple of seasons of Motorsport so I hope it will have paid off and he will be sensible.

As he now has a full license I will take him on proper track day in my Caterham so he can play with the big boys on track.

Freakmode, will you be my dad ?

Now all the worry starts when he is late home!

I dread my lad getting through his!

yeah i got 3 lads all have big fast motor bikes and the eldest has wrote off 4 bikes including his new zx6 i can tell you it's a worry when they decide to stay out late and not tell you

colin

Edited by colin lad

have you thought about keeping the car in your name and adding him as a second driver? reduces the insurance a bit

I stuck it in his name and managed to get fully comp with no black box for £1400 so its not too bad for a 17 year old male. That's on an 09 Skoda Roomster 1.4 as he needs loads of room for his kit. Took him out on the M40 earlier as he had band practice in Leamington so he could get some motorway experience which he enjoyed.

My lad passed his driving test today 3 weeks after is 17th Birthday.

Yeah - no more hanging around gig venues late at night to bring home loads of teen lads or being the unpaid roadie for his bands.

On a more sombre note I just paid his insurance premium - Gulp

my lad passed his test when he was 17 (21 now) like a div i offered to pay his insurance, cost me £3600