Memorial vigil planned for shot Wallsend cow Bessie

BattleFieldRelics

being from this area i can only try to relay our true loss of our beloved bessie ,she wasnt your run of the mill cow but a popular attraction where she lived at the country park for school kids and special needs children who fed and petted her daily it is them for who the true loss is greatest , she was placid and enjoyed the attention and to be cut down in her prime like that was a true misteak.

just read what you said and take back my earlier unkind remark, I seem to be loosing the plot, why shoudnt people have a vigil if they want what possible harm could it do, good luck to them, anyone got any happiness/ niceness pills ?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would it not have been possible to knock it out with a tranquilliser dart? Before resorting to shooting the beast dead?

Although i agree with darting the 'beast'.. Its not instant sleep, it would of spooked and run in any direction.. Still think shooting it was extreme. But then so is a vigil

Darts are only administered by a vet.....issue is you have to get within 30m for a shot and the drugs takes 30 mins to act-during which time the beast will most likely respond to being darted and get spooked.

Then trying to find a local and equipped vet who is willing to turn out.

Most will decline and leave it to cops

to destroy without any public blame at their practice or professional reputation.

F.

Crazy reaction to a cow loose though , when I was a child we were always getting cattle ,sheep and horses in our garden , we would just herd them back out calmly and close the gate behind them - 15 police vehicles and a helicopter - MAD , how the hell would they manage if they dedicated this kind of force to something like this and a real threat occurred ?

Bit mad if you ask me. But the police over reacted. About a month ago about 15 heifers got out the field next to one of mine they were heading straight onto a fairly busy main road. I jumped my wall and got to the front of them, bit of shouting and they turned around, call to the farmer and he meets me at the gate which he opens and in they go. The were a bit frisky but I felt no need to get my gun.

That's overkill for you!

Are you sure that's not the car park for the cop shop?

Crazy reaction to a cow loose though , when I was a child we were always getting cattle ,sheep and horses in our garden , we would just herd them back out calmly and close the gate behind them - 15 police vehicles and a helicopter - MAD , how the hell would they manage if they dedicated this kind of force to something like this and a real threat occurred ?

Seems fair to me. They had a tip off that the heifer was armed and likely to jump the barrier onto our transport system. She has Argentinian connections, a bully and has a beef with authority. She has suspicious hair, speaks in a tongue that one of us understand, smells and has milked the system for years. Was she wearing a rucksack by any chance?

Edited by malkiserow

Seems fair to me. They had a tip off that the heifer was armed and likely to jump the barrier onto our transport system. She has Argentinian connections, a bully and has a beef with authority. She has suspicious hair, speaks in a tongue that one of us understand, smells and has milked the system for years. Was she wearing a rucksack by any chance?

It was obviously a military coo :)

And from 700 Yds! :rolleyes:

Isn't it normally 750 yards? :lol::lol:

It was obviously a military coo :)

The cow was milking it for all it was worth

being from this area i can only try to relay our true loss of our beloved bessie ,she wasnt your run of the mill cow but a popular attraction where she lived at the country park for school kids and special needs children who fed and petted her daily it is them for who the true loss is greatest , she was placid and enjoyed the attention and to be cut down in her prime like that was a true miistake,the vigil is mostly aimed at the children to say goodbye.

Do they have a vigil every time they have a Burger?

Or Brazillian connections? Rumour also has it that it was held down and shot seven times in the head?

being from this area i can only try to relay our true loss of our beloved bessie ,she wasnt your run of the mill cow but a popular attraction where she lived at the country park for school kids and special needs children who fed and petted her daily it is them for who the true loss is greatest , she was placid and enjoyed the attention and to be cut down in her prime like that was a true miistake,the vigil is mostly aimed at the children to say goodbye.

Its true, she was popular with kids our grand kids have petted her probably the only cow inner city kids would see.

A cow is a cow, not a cuddly pet! A dog is a pet! This sort of anthropomorphic brainwashing gives children the wrong impression, some will grow up as the next generation of antis because they have been bought up on a lie, perpetuated by the infant targeted scribbling of Enid Blyton the anthropamorphic films of Walt Disney, make believe animals, watership down et al.

Responsible parents teach their children the difference between fairy tales and reality, and that meat, leather etc comes from the animals such as cows....children are constantly being conditioned and brainwashed by ignorance into reacting in a negative way when an animal is killed or dies! When It's the natural way of things! To teach children otherwise hardly equips them for the reality of life!

A cow is a cow, not a cuddly pet! A dog is a pet! This sort of anthropomorphic brainwashing gives children the wrong impression, some will grow up as the next generation of antis because they have been bought up on a lie, perpetuated by the infant targeted scribbling of Enid Blyton the anthropamorphic films of Walt Disney, make believe animals, watership down et al.

Responsible parents teach their children the difference between fairy tales and reality, and that meat, leather etc comes from the animals such as cows....children are constantly being conditioned and brainwashed by ignorance into reacting in a negative way when an animal is killed or dies! When It's the natural way of things! To teach children otherwise hardly equips them for the reality of life!

I think what gets people is that it was totally over the top - 6 snipers for goodness sake, so many policeman and cars I bet the robbers and muggers would have had a wail of a time elsewhere had they known. A farmer was present with a feed bucket and no doubt would have been able to bring the cow in had he been given a chance, as it is used to being around people as people have attested to children being able to pet it. Animals are killed for meat and if you like meat you live with that but feeling upset about an animal dying whether it be your pet or seen to be killed in a totally over the top fashion is part of the human condition. Animals die so we can eat is a fact but this cow did not die as a natural way of things so people get upset.

I think what gets people is that it was totally over the top - 6 snipers for goodness sake, so many policeman and cars I bet the robbers and muggers would have had a wail of a time elsewhere had they known. A farmer was present with a feed bucket and no doubt would have been able to bring the cow in had he been given a chance, as it is used to being around people as people have attested to children being able to pet it. Animals are killed for meat and if you like meat you live with that but feeling upset about an animal dying whether it be your pet or seen to be killed in a totally over the top fashion is part of the human condition. Animals die so we can eat is a fact but this cow did not die as a natural way of things so people get upset.

Well said, we do farm certain animals exclusively for food so we need to accept we do commoditise them, but equally if we lose all sentiment toward animals then the world would be a vastly poorer place.