Gay pride parade

keg

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"They" do, the test cases came in because our govt enshrined it in law. The large hotel chains just book you in. Whilst i appreciate that as a business owner some people may not want to accept gays or lesbians, if you are offering a public service, you cannot discriminate. Not so many years ago " No Irish or Blacks" was a common sight in some hotels and guest houses.

Saying that, there are militants who will go out to prove a point.

Absolutely ....... What the Law considered immoral is now moral ... Question will the Law also change its stance on *******?

Absolutely ....... What the Law considered immoral is now moral ... Question will the Law also change its stance on *******?

And people were hung for stealing food or deported to far away lands. I'd like to think that some laws will not change but some things will change and evolve as time passes.

Why can't these people see that lots of people find it offensive and degrading to have have these same sex couples kissing and canoodling in the street .and forcing their views on others . Probably because they don't care .

Harnser

Why can't these people see that lots of people find it offensive and disgusting to have these dogs chasing foxes through the countryside and forcing their views on others. Probably because they don't care.

Don't even get me started on the multitude of gatherings they have throughout the year at "game fairs" where they all get together and promote, shooting, hunting, eating of game, rearing of pheasants to be shot. They even advertise it in the local and national press.

I think we tread a fine line berating a minority as we are all members of a controversial one ourselves.

Edited by LondonLuke

Why can't these people see that lots of people find it offensive and disgusting to have these dogs chasing foxes through the countryside and forcing their views on others. Probably because they don't care.

Don't even get me started on the multitude of gatherings they have throughout the year at "game fairs" where they all get together and promote, shooting, hunting, eating of game, rearing of pheasants to be shot. They even advertise it in the local and national press.

I think we tread a fine line berating a minority as we are all members of a controversial one ourselves.

i have yet to see a march through any city promotng shooting ,but have seen many gay pride marches . Shooting people tend to meet at organised fairs and not march through citys forcing a minority view at others .

harnser

harnser

i have yet to see a march through any city promotng shooting ,but have seen many gay pride marches . Shooting people tend to meet at organised fairs and not march through citys forcing a minority view at others .

harnser

harnser

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2274129.stm

fecaac071c143f75c4c9.jpeg

_38287593_march300.jpg

Just the odd 400,000 marching here...

Another 20,000 here - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-317968/Violent-clashes-pro-hunt-demonstration.html

The major difference here is that hunters here are actively promoting the sport whereas a gay pride parade is merely a celebration, not looking to convince anyone that their way should be the way etc

Edited by LondonLuke

In spite (or maybe because?) of my liberal philosophy I am sympathetic to that point of view, Harnser.

Seeing gay men being physically intimate with each other still makes me squirm - even though I had a couple of 'experimental' experiences as a teenager and young adult.

But, if I might use a slightly facetious example, in the same way that people should try to deal with irrational disgust of spiders (see other thread), people should try to deal irrational disgust of physical intimacy between gay men.

I dare say there are clubs that celebrate and promote spiders. If the archnaphiles of the world united in a day of spider pride, you would probably find me under my duvet with my fingers in my ears. But although spiders make me feel sick, I think such celebrations might help to normalise spiders for future generations, and much of the world could move on from needless spider prejudice.

Live and let live.

LS

PS: I'm only 34 - I hope that by the time Little Lord Seagrave is my age, the topic of human sexuality (along with gender/ethnic/religious/spider equality) will be a non-issue, and the world will be largely working together for a much greater good.

That's what I'll try to teach him. Love and respect.

Edited by lord_seagrave

And here I was looking down my nose at Russia for their backward beliefs, thinking "How third world of them..." yet my own backyard was full of homophobes all along. It's funny how the people most vocal about their anti-gay beliefs quite frequently end up coming out later in life... (Frank Maloney being sacked in 2004 for anti-LGBT remarks and yet now lives as a woman springs to mind). To reference the 'Almost politically correct redneck':

http://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/av0BobX_700b.jpg

If it ain't hurting anyone, live and let live I say.

And here I was looking down my nose at Russia for their backward beliefs, thinking "How third world of them..." yet my own backyard was full of homophobes all along. It's funny how the people most vocal about their anti-gay beliefs quite frequently end up coming out later in life... (Frank Maloney being sacked in 2004 for anti-LGBT remarks and yet now lives as a woman springs to mind). To reference the 'Almost politically correct redneck':

http://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/av0BobX_700b.jpg

If it ain't hurting anyone, live and let live I say.

Yes of course ,any body who disapproves of homosexuality has latent homosexual tendencies .

Harnser

we're not homophobes, we just don't like the idea of being rogered.

Sir, may I suggest:-

A friend of mine runs Watford Warrior Weekends where you can get naked, save for a loin cloth to protect your modesty (optional), in a steam heated yurt with lots of other men. They chant Maori poems and usually end up in the Harlequin shopping centre for some light refreshment. I think one of their chants was Hakuna Matata Hakuna Matata Hakuna Matata Hakuna Matata Hakuna Matata Hakuna Matata over and over again. My friend is a true leader, he spent 10 years with the Red Indians, to be politically correct, Native Red Indians, they took him in as their own and even gave him a Native Red Indian name “Talking Bull”, he taught them intermediate MS Excel to reciprocate their generosity. It is very cathartic and I think you will find your inner squirrel.

Sir, may I suggest:-

A friend of mine runs Watford Warrior Weekends where you can get naked, save for a loin cloth to protect your modesty (optional), in a steam heated yurt with lots of other men. They chant Maori poems and usually end up in the Harlequin shopping centre for some light refreshment. I think one of their chants was Hakuna Matata Hakuna Matata Hakuna Matata Hakuna Matata Hakuna Matata Hakuna Matata over and over again. My friend is a true leader, he spent 10 years with the Red Indians, to be politically correct, Native Red Indians, they took him in as their own and even gave him a Native Red Indian name “Talking Bull”, he taught them intermediate MS Excel to reciprocate their generosity. It is very cathartic and I think you will find your inner squirrel.

How much does that cost ,is there a discount for pensioners ?

Harnser

It's just funny when people think that being gay is a choice..

Spot on Billy! I have both male and female gay friends, and no problem with either.

A close relative of mine say's "they should be shot", but then he is draconian, and in his late 70's. Where according to him "people like that would and should be punished into changing". I've done my best to try and convince him that they are born that way. He just won't, errr have it! If you pardon the pun! :oops:

However, I can't help looking at it in a biological way. The female and male anatomy is designed in a way that shows male and female is the way to go, to procreate. With that in mind, I don't think it is "normal" in a biological sense. But. It is perfectly acceptable.

However, I have no doubt whatsoever, if there was ever a "straight pride march, it would be branded homophobic.

Spot on Billy! I have both male and female gay friends, and no problem with either.

A close relative of mine say's "they should be shot", but then he is draconian, and in his late 70's. Where according to him "people like that would and should be punished into changing". I've done my best to try and convince him that they are born that way. He just won't, errr have it! If you pardon the pun! :oops:

However, I can't help looking at it in a biological way. The female and male anatomy is designed in a way that shows male and female is the way to go, to procreate. With that in mind, I don't think it is "normal" in a biological sense. But. It is perfectly acceptable.

However, I have no doubt whatsoever, if there was ever a "straight pride march, it would be branded homophobic.

Balanaed and well put.

Im sure most gay men would wretch at the thought of rodgering a sweaty hairy country type so don't panic.

Thats where you would be wrong.

Whilst working as a doorman at a gay event in a nightclub, i was approached by a very feminine looking type of gentleman,i was actually waiting to get into the cubicle for a wee, the feminine gentleman, spent several minutes chatting me up before i realized what was happening, once the penny dropped, i informed him that i was straight , he went on to say that it was a real shame as i would make a great bear, he even asked the opinion of several of the other gentlemen in the queue, they all seemed to agree that i looed the part, after having my wee, i returned to the door that i was covering, i explained the story to my wife and the other doormen, in return, they explained to me what a bear was.

So, apparently some gay men do like to be rogered by the fat, bald, sweaty, country type.

Im sure most gay men would wretch at the thought of rodgering a sweaty hairy country type so don't panic.

What about the gay men who are sweaty hairy country types. :)

They are not all delicatley boned and effeminate.

All of the gay folks I know are in steady relationships or married. Even the ones who are single are only interested in other gay folks, so this "backs against the wall boys" is archaic and insulting to most of them.

I am sure there are gay wolves about just the same as there are heterosexual wolves who cannot except that they are not Gods gift to either men or women, but most are just not interested in anyone not of their sexual orientation.

I find it just as distaceful seeing a heterosexual couples eating each other in a public place. Get a room comes to mind.

Edited by loriusgarrulus