sporting gun magazine

wisdom

Now that some of the major supermarkets have killed off most of my local newsagents.Does anyone know anywhere in Blackpool/St.Annes area that stock sporting gun.Dont want to subscribe but I like to pick a copy up now and again.Also when is it published?

Same really with all the current magazines,and they have just brought out yet another !.Same old publishers and reviewers,90% adverts (which I suppose goes to show the strength of the industry and the public's willingness to buy),very few good articles nowadays.Just look at Shooting Times,hardly anything there nowadays,the crossword takes up most of my time.

Same really with all the current magazines,and they have just brought out yet another !.Same old publishers and reviewers,90% adverts (which I suppose goes to show the strength of the industry and the public's willingness to buy),very few good articles nowadays.Just look at Shooting Times,hardly anything there nowadays,the crossword takes up most of my time.

What's the new magazine?

What's the new magazine?

Maybe iShoot? Have to say not a bad read. The only magazine I think is worth reading now is Fieldsports, plenty of good features and not too many adverts!

I did once have a subscription through Blaze for the Double Gun Journal from the US, which really was fantastic and if you like classic guns and see a copy on ebay get it, helps pass the winter evenings

Argh come on give us a clue!!!!!!!

It the new PW shooting magazine.

The Know it all's from PW are re-writing reloading manuals for all the calibers ever invented, and there will be a Long range instruction column written by the one and only ****.

Plus a question page where any of your questions however strange they you think they are will be answered correctly by the one and only ****

Oh! I wish I could :lol:

steve, have you noticed the lack of shooting mags in morissons in porth? with the decent selection we have there theres only ever an odd one, if any

No mate. Haven't been up there for awhile, and was going on what I saw there last. All my magazines are by direct debit, which save me a few £'s a year.

Now that some of the major supermarkets have killed off most of my local newsagents.Does anyone know anywhere in Blackpool/St.Annes area that stock sporting gun.Dont want to subscribe but I like to pick a copy up now and again.Also when is it published?

I used to get mine from Morrisons in Clevelys before I subscibed.

It is noted that the articles by David Baker are conspicuous by their absence in the latest edition. His articles were always of great interest, him being a very knowledgeable authority on the history of gun making as his excellent books on the subject confirm.

I also understand that Sporting Gun gave him an ultimatum of 'Take a 40% cut for his articles or cease to write for them'. He chose the latter option considering their offer to be an insult. Cannot say I blame him.

How many other writers for SG will go the same way, I wonder.