chicken cull !

islandgun

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great stuff everyone I am surprised that no one suggested hanging (perhaps its to good for them) having looked at the options for crushing, stretching, slicing, bashing, electrocuting and chopping, I have decided that air pistol at night might be the way, just after their story and before I turn off the light ;)

cheers IG

sprackles would you mind posting a pic of you Bland 10 bore :)

Edited by islandgun

great stuff everyone I am surprised that no one suggested hanging (perhaps its to good for them) having looked at the options for crushing, stretching, slicing, bashing, electrocuting and chopping, I have decided that air pistol at night might be the way, just after their story and before I turn off the light ;)

cheers IG

At night !!!!!! thats awful....reminds me of the many times i was called down from the dormitory by matron at 10.30 at night and whipped by the headmaster who stank of whiskey because of my transgressions during the day ......................then i would wake up in the morning and the sheets would be changed by matron to wash the watery bloody marks out of them............

cheers IG

Reminds me of that Alan Partridge scene where he discusses hanging an kestrel but it wouldn't work as it would "hover until the rope went slack". I know chickens can't fly well but probably enough to thwart hanging. Let us know how you get on if you do go down this route.

At night !!!!!! thats awful....reminds me of the many times i was called down from the dormitory by matron at 10.30 at night and whipped by the headmaster who stank of whiskey because of my transgressions during the day ......................then i would wake up in the morning and the sheets would be changed by matron to wash the watery bloody marks out of them............

jeez mate the ####### ######s good old public schools in the 50/60s eh, mind you I remember getting the cane plenty of times as a young lad at primary school, time change aye.

Reminds me of that Alan Partridge scene where he discusses hanging an kestrel but it wouldn't work as it would "hover until the rope went slack". I know chickens can't fly well but probably enough to thwart hanging. Let us know how you get on if you do go down this route.

You could hang em in groups that way when the weakest tired they would all go down, ( theres probably something profound there somewhere)

My uncle who lived on a farm left his chickens to do much as they wanted till the farmer said is it no about time you did something about them bloody cockerel crowing at 5 am every morning . they where roosting up trees and bushes all over the farm we went down at night with a lamp and airgun we ended up with a month supply of ferret food and one happy farmer for two hour graft

Euthanasia, humanity and beheading are a contradiction.

As I've said, decapitation may appear painless (to the bloke with the knife or axe) but it's not recognised as a humane method of killing animals in this country. Brain trauma (concussion) or brain stem trauma (cervical dislocation) before bleeding out is.

Although decapitation would indeed induce a rapid death, it's not instantaneous.

Edited by kyska

Come on, this is daft now and does us no credit?

Hold the feet in the left hand, drape the chicken over the right thigh with head down, loosely grip the neck just below the head, with the head in your palm throat facing away from palm.

Then just extend your arm a bit while flicking the wrist outwards to dislocate the vertebrae. SNAP!

Job done in less time than to write this out.

cheers IG

So what story will you read to them? Hitchcock's 'The Birds'?

Euthanasia, humanity and beheading are a contradiction.

As I've said, decapitation may appear painless (to the bloke with the knife or axe) but it's not recognised as a humane method of killing animals in this country. Brain trauma (concussion) or brain stem trauma (cervical dislocation) before bleeding out is.

Although decapitation would indeed induce a rapid death, it's not instantaneous.

it's only a chicken! :lol: