Ban driven pheasant shooting - Mirror internet poll

Bear68

May I ask who comes up with these loony tunes?????

How about a Mirror Poll to see how many actually shoot game birds , rabbits or pigeons?

How about a Mirror Poll to see how many Anti's actually have a job or contribute anything worthwhile to the community or do not receive benefit payments of some sort or another.

I shoot a fair bit and normally receive a brace of birds at the end of the day. These birds are given (not sold) to local pensioners at the Alms houses which gives them at least a couple of good meals a week.

The Mirror is famous for its anti-shooting stance and largely influences, err, the anti-shooting campaigners, so best ignored and left to fester under the rock that the rag emerges from. They did another article a while back (July?) about the badger Cull in Gloucestershire, with public admissions by a few antis that they took part in aggravated trespass and illegally (& dangerously) obstructed the lawful activities of licensed cullers. That long permed hair mouthpiece for the antis was also pictured. I understand that there was no criminal charges brought against them despite a confession printed in a public newspaper of their illegal activities. I would have thought that due to the nature of their activities, it would be in the public interest to prosecute them, as they have been arrasted elsewhere for similar offences.

There are many here been shooting a lot longer than me but I've seen this exact survey about a dozen times - the result always goes the same and there is no follow up until they publish it again next year.

That said we can't afford to get apathetic as the antis will always vote so sadly so must we even though it matters little in the bigger scheme