Sick of this weather.

Scully

I know how he must feel; I grew up playing rugby in Cumbria. We're all very good swimmers as we have webbed feet, some have gills a la Kevin Costner. :yes:

Good man. We're not a seafaring nation for nothing. :good: It doesn't stop me either; I'll be out later on today with dog and gun, but enjoy my days out with the lads and lasses and the seasons are so bleedin' short as it is without cancelling.

We shot most drives today ( just outside Skipton) but boy was it wild. Several birds just hovered in the air it was that bad.

We shot most drives today ( just outside Skipton) but boy was it wild. Several birds just hovered in the air it was that bad.

We also shot today , and by looking at other peoples conditions we were lucky here on the East coast , wind strong / gale , mild and kept dry all day .

Known a lot worse for early December .

Thanks for the kind thoughts both. We're fine up here on one of the surrounding hills, but those in the town are still without power and most riverside properties contain water.

Both nephews have just called round for tea as they still have no power, and one of them plus a mate from an outlying village have been fed here, and then had showers as they are due to attend a 21st party tonight!

Nephews mate had to wade a stream beside his house in a total blackout to get his 'going out' clothes before wading back to nephews awaiting vehicle and then bringing them round to our house. He sat in the kitchen in his own puddle, eating sausages.

At 56 I wouldn't have bothered going, but at 21 I have to admit I'd have been chomping at the bit. Due to the floods they are taking an hour and a half detour to travel 13 miles, and they still don't know if they're going to get there. Nephew reckons it's 'doable' by 4x4. Crazy, but that's testosterone for you. :no:

Thinking back to when I was 21 not only would I have been mad keen to make the party the thought of having to get to it through epic flooding and stupid detours would only have made it more all the more appealing and exciting.

In many ways I am very happy that I am wiser and way more sensible than I was then, but i'm also a bit sad about that too.

Thinking back to when I was 21 not only would I have been mad keen to make the party the thought of having to get to it through epic flooding and stupid detours would only have made it more all the more appealing and exciting.

In many ways I am very happy that I am wiser and way more sensible than I was then, but i'm also a bit sad about that too.

Bad times ahead for the folk that are in the flooding,be safe people

An exciting time while your young and full of gusto a time when you believe there's nothing going to stop you

Al

Yeah its getting horrendous in Newcastle! I was working in the yard this afternoon and it was lifting steel cages off the ground! Threw a plastic tray into he shoulder and head! Hurt like hell! The main gates nearly burst open with some gusts. Glad I am home. Currently watching a lamp post I think is going to go tonight! A friend is without power tonight too! Those poor people in Cumbria, just this side of Christmas too!

Thoughts are with you all up there,we had it in 07 and it's a nightmare.

I hope my beloved grayling stay safe.

Cheers felly100. Mate has just phoned to say the water is actually in the town centre now; never been known before.

He said he'd gone out to check some sheep they have a few miles away but couldn't get to them despite getting up to his waist while tethered to his Dad who was on higher ground. Some had already gone and he thinks the rest will be by morning.

There is a caravan site 4 miles or so down stream; big statics which even in summer are no more than a couple of metres above the water level. I don't hold out much for them still being there in the morning.

I know exactly how you feel.

Have had a leaky roof for one week now they cannot fix until this weather gets better, have about 5 trugs and buckets up there in the loft catching some of it. Also had to drill four holes in the back room ceiling to allow the water to run out this afternoon :no:

Have had a leaky roof for one week now they cannot fix until this weather gets better, have about 5 trugs and buckets up there in the loft catching some of it. Also had to drill four holes in the back room ceiling to allow the water to run out this afternoon :no:

If the roof and the weather is that bad, then your house will be half wrecked by the time they get round to repairing the roof. Is it not possible to get up in there with some plastic sheet and tack it up under the rafters so as to guide the water to one place so as to collect it in one place or even to attach a bit of plastic pipe to take it out to a place to get it out. I feel very sorry for everyone who is under this storm. It seems like every year now we have this torrential downpour and peoples lives and houses are put in danger. OK the insurance sorts it out but that can be a nightmare dealing with that stuff especially if there is more than one aspect to the claim.