speeding

mattyg1086

I had this in December,

Up here in Northumbria they have changed the wording on the forms,

It now says ALL motoring offences must be put on the form, with offence code and dates,

I rang them and said I couldn't remember the exact dates, they said just put the year if you can remember,

I had a couple of speeding ones and a careless driving one from back in the 90's.....

Never had any bother with either Shotgun or FAC

:shaun:

The latest application forms clearly say "Read note 1 before completion." and note 1 states:

You must not withhold information about any conviction. This includes motoring
offences, binding overs, formal written warnings, cautions and convictions in and outside
Great Britain, and (by virtue of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order
1975) convictions which are spent under the 1974 Act. A conditional discharge and an
absolute discharge both count as convictions for this purpose. Details of parking offences
and fixed penalty notices do not need to be declared.
This was taken directly from Dyfed Powys Police website. The Met is exactly the same, as is Police Scotland. I haven't had the time/inclination to check other force websites.
Edited by walshie

The latest application forms clearly say "Read note 1 before completion." and note 1 states:

You must not withhold information about any conviction. This includes motoring

offences, binding overs, formal written warnings, cautions and convictions in and outside

Great Britain, and (by virtue of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order

1975) convictions which are spent under the 1974 Act. A conditional discharge and an

absolute discharge both count as convictions for this purpose. Details of parking offences

and fixed penalty notices do not need to be declared.

This was taken directly from Dyfed Powys Police website. The Met is exactly the same, as is Police Scotland. I haven't had the time/inclination to check other force websites.

Speeding caught on camera is generally fixed penalty .

I think i got flashed last night. Will this affect my sgc and do i have to notify them straight away or at renewal time

It won't affect anything unless you actually get a ticket!

Getting flashed doesn't always mean you have been caught. See what comes through the post in the next couple of weeks.

You certainly don't have to tell plod until renewal time. I've just done my renewal and have an SP30 and INS10 on it from 20 years ago. Never been an issue.

Speeding caught on camera is generally fixed penalty .

In Northumberland you have the choice of attending a speed awareness course, as I have recently done. Pay for the course but no fine and no penalty points. It appears as if there is a major drive against speeding at the moment so beware. I learned al ot at the course which pointed out several potentially hazardous situations I had not thought of myself.

Blackpowder

Edited by Blackpowder