Stolen air rifles and scopes

Spr1ng3r

Last week 4 air rifles, several scopes and assorted fishing and shooting gear was stolen from me.

Items of particular interest are:

Weihrauch HW95 in .20 - Venom tuned, unusual serial 1810416 -DE (top one in this picture):

HW99s-shortened-HW95_zpsece75e6a.jpg

Weihrauch HW99s in .177 - Serial 2005612 (bottom one in the above picture).

Theoben Sirocco in .22 - Early example 7xx serial:

Siroco-1_zpspoqtpd4z.jpg

Logun Gladiator in .22:

Logun-Gladiator-1a_zpsc7fd7f6b.jpg

Scopes included:

Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 BDC

Nikon Prostaff 3-9x50 BDC

Leupold VX2 Euro 3-9x50

Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 1.75-5x32

Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 1.75-5x32

A pair of Century Kompressor SS fishing rods, an Akios 757 multiplier reel and other stuff also taken.

The guns are quite unusual and distinctive.

The HW95 has the remains of the 'kissing cobra' Venom sticker on the cylinder from when it went to Venom many years ago, the barrel is from an HW80 in .20 calibre and is stamped with an odd (for the UK) serial number: 1810416 -DE. It has been heavily worked on, shoots like a tuned rifle should with a lightened piston, Venom piston seal, non-standard mainspring and a bunch of other mods, and the stock has been rubbed back, stained and oiled, so it is certainly not your average out-of-the box 95.

20-barrel-6_zps12cca3a6.jpg

The HW99s is in .177 but with a shortened barrel, custom Delrin silencer (small crack in the Delrin on the underneath) and the cocking linkage pivot is a poor fit (I had a replacement on order).

The Theoben Sirocco is an early 7xx serial example with a nicely figured Walnut stock and some marks on the silencer and cylinder from its previous owner and 30+ years of use.

The Logun Gladiator was in pieces in a gun bag, but all the bits were there to build it back up. The stock retaining bolt was too long after having the block helicoiled, and needed sizing to get the whole thing built back up, and there was a spare transfer port and hammer in the gun bag side pouch. The Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 BDC and a SAK moderator were in the same bag. What is unusual about this gun is that the barrel was originally machined out of an HW80 block and recently turned to get rid of the foresight grooves and marks at the breech end. If you look closely at the front end of the barrel you can still see two fine lines where the original foresight used to be when it was still on an HW80,

In the unlikely event that anyone hears anything, I would be very grateful for a heads up.

Thanks for looking.

Items were in a concrete outbuilding next to my house in Northumberland, with a five lever door lock, three hasps, two steel bars across the door on eye bolts, and 5 padlocks in total.

The night it was done I went away with my daughter for the weekend, and got a call the following (Friday) morning that the doorlocks were gone, the door frame had been jemmied, the door was open and the back gate was swinging open.

Mine was the only property burgled in the village that night, so it looks like someone has been watching my movements and that they knew what they were coming for and how to deal with the security I had in place.

Not a happy bunny about it :(

Sorry to say this but you were obviously targeted by someone who knew what they wanted and where it was

You need to be looking close to home I'm afraid sir

mmmmmm I must agree it does seem like that to me too .........................

a few year back my car boot got done and some stuff taken as it turned out it was my neighbours son from 3 doors away :mad::mad:

Many thanks for the offer LG; the gesture is very much appreciated.

I am in no fettle for shooting at the moment until I get stuff sorted out here but I really do appreciate the thought :)

The local RFDs have been made aware and I have posted these details on several forums now so, you never know...

Sounds like stolen to order.
They knew where to look & when to steal them.

What did the police say?

They said more or less what you just did. They suggested someone with line of sight to my home is either directly responsible or is passing the information on to those who committed the crime.

Makes you wonder who you say hello to every week that might have done it :(

Im not sure about the theory that you were being watched , deliberately targeted etc.

It could be that the building was targeted due to the obvious security measures in place. You wouldn't go to them lengths if all that was in there were a couple of rusty old bikes etc. By seeing all the locks etc billy burglar knows there's things of value within. Best security are strong yet discreet locks

Have you had new tradesmen in lately?

A bit of a personal question.

The blokes got enough on his plate what with his guns being stolen....asking if he's had a sexy plumber call around to sort his leaky pipes out!! ;)

That said....lived in Northumberland prior to hopping over the Tweed...some strange goings on on some of them villages after dark.