Newquay

la bala

Newquayis suffering from the curse of the stag, hen and over rich school kids syndrome. It is a dive. Tintagel is far nicer, Liskeard is worth a look, but for crying out loud avoid Newquay. There is much better places to look at round there, Port Isaac (got a sea aquarium there), Redruth, Falmouth even....

Edited by secretagentmole

Torquay ain't what it used to be, that is unless you like fat face shops dude, Rhosneiger on Anglesey is going the same way as is Abersoch,

Surfs up dude, where's my Jamaican woodbines and "daddy Tarquini must have a pony"

It's a shame really ,

Tab

Flynny

Newquay, the old harbour is still very beautiful and not a bad place for a spot of harbour fishing, all three Newquay beaches are very nice and a great walk. The town itself have really tightened up on the stag / hen parties and no open alcohol cans or bottles are allowed in public places and a lot of the cheap hotel have gone. It's not a place I go to at night cause I have no need but a few friends head over there if they want to go to a club. Some good restaurants in Newquay my favourites the Bullpit Smokehouse and Bar where they smoke all their own meat and is owned by a Texan who married a Cornish Maid, and a little bit further out the Lewinnick Lodge a great restaurant especially their fish and great views out to sea.

Are there nicer places to go in Cornwall? absolutely yes, would I avoid Newquay? no. But an old Cornish fishing village it is not, more like a small Blackpool of the southwest but with not so many northerners.

I have never been to the war museum, it must be fairly new or as least not well advertised. Most attractions pop in leaflets to my place to hand out to our guests but I have never had any for here. I have got to got to Newquay next week so will pop in and see what info I can find out and have a look around and report back.

When are you heading down here?

Check out pol perro i think its called. Great little village also theres a car museum on the way to cornway i forget what its called but its worth a stop. The rattler cider place is worth a walk around aswell cornwall is a great place and its all within about an hours drive

Newquay, the old harbour is still very beautiful and not a bad place for a spot of harbour fishing, all three Newquay beaches are very nice and a great walk. The town itself have really tightened up on the stag / hen parties and no open alcohol cans or bottles are allowed in public places and a lot of the cheap hotel have gone. It's not a place I go to at night cause I have no need but a few friends head over there if they want to go to a club. Some good restaurants in Newquay my favourites the Bullpit Smokehouse and Bar where they smoke all their own meat and is owned by a Texan who married a Cornish Maid, and a little bit further out the Lewinnick Lodge a great restaurant especially their fish and great views out to sea.

Are there nicer places to go in Cornwall? absolutely yes, would I avoid Newquay? no. But an old Cornish fishing village it is not, more like a small Blackpool of the southwest but with not so many northerners.

I have never been to the war museum, it must be fairly new or as least not well advertised. Most attractions pop in leaflets to my place to hand out to our guests but I have never had any for here. I have got to got to Newquay next week so will pop in and see what info I can find out and have a look around and report back.

When are you heading down here?

Thanks for that rimfire, i think the museum is at Castleford. Her indoors decided to book one of these coach holidays and the museum is on the itinerary. We both getting on in years, we both 40s in our heads :lol: but i dont do long range driving anymore. We have in our younger days spent many happy holidays in your neck of the woods, Pollpero, Lansallos, to name a couple. Coming dowm early june

It's a scruffy hole full of grungy unwashed surfer dudes and dole wallers. Plenty of other places to visit like steinville for fish. Best thing about Cornwall in the summer is it only takes about six hours to get anywhere you want, like the next village the roads are just Tarmac tracks from the Iron Age.

I go every year to Newquay for surf and volley ball. Never heard of a war museum.

Suggestions;

Cycle the camel trail at Padstow (bike hire if you need it and its flat)

Walk the headland Padstow to Trevone.

Watch the seals in Newquay harbour.

Rent a body board at Watergate.

Drive to Crosscombe (its very narrow and tricky track),walk the coast path from Crosscombe to Chapel Porth stunning route with old mine workings. Awesome sandwiches and a hedghog special at the Chapel. If you dont want the walk drive to either end its simply amazing places.

Dine with Jamie at Fifteen in Watergate bay.

Wander to Porth Joke after driving over the downs.

Walk from Crantock across the beach and over estuary steps into Newquay when tide is out.

Beer at the Bowgie at Crantock as sun goes down over the Atlantic.

I go every year to Newquay for surf and volley ball. Never heard of a war museum.

Suggestions;

Cycle the camel trail at Padstow (bike hire if you need it and its flat)

Walk the headland Padstow to Trevone.

Watch the seals in Newquay harbour.

Rent a body board at Watergate.

Drive to Crosscombe (its very narrow and tricky track),walk the coast path from Crosscombe to Chapel Porth stunning route with old mine workings. Awesome sandwiches and a hedghog special at the Chapel. If you dont want the walk drive to either end its simply amazing places.

Dine with Jamie at Fifteen in Watergate bay.

Wander to Porth Joke after driving over the downs.

Walk from Crantock across the beach and over estuary steps into Newquay when tide is out.

Beer at the Bowgie at Crantock as sun goes down over the Atlantic.

Some great suggestions. If you go to the Bowgie have a drink but don't bother with the food.

I'd avoid it if I were you, they might just make you an exhibit :lol:

I have been known to appear on a Surf Calendar that was sold to hen parties for a few years ... but for some reason i was always February ''because it is the shortest month'' - cant work it out myself?