Osborne's £30 billion Brexit Budget threat

old'un

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let us do the calculations for poor old George.

The net saving of not being in the EU is £120 billion a year, that is after we spend what they give us back as well! This is a lot of money to play with. The £120 billion means that if they have to raise £30 billion there will be £90 billion left for them to squander. So with the saving made from not being in the EU, we will, in effect, have £90 billion to play with, even after poor old George has nicked £30 billion which we will suddenly need for some unknown reason!

This man is a absolute disgrace......as chancellor of the exchequer he threatens an emergency budget, increased austerity, tax rises and reduced funding for the NHS if we vote out, what about the millions per week available when we don't have to pay to be in the EU club if we vote out? There would be no need for any of what he threatens!................indeed with the EU money we no longer had to pay, he could increase funding to the NHS and reduce tax, no need for an emergency budget or any increased austerity!............if the government chose to use this money that way!

Edited by panoma1

A desperate man, remember not that long ago he thought he was top of the short list for Cameron's job when he goes. Now he is looking at a return to the back benches and maybe worse.

Can you imagine what he is thinking in private? "The Idiot! Cameron has misread it all big time and that clown Boris is going steal the race to no10"

Edited by Vince Green

If leaving the EU was as bad for the country as the in crowd are making out Cameron and cronies would never have given us the referendum in the first place, he would've spouted something about the current economic climate and how it wasnt the time for a referendum. I personally have found it frightening at how easily people have been frightened/oppressed into what the elites of society want.

Let us do the calculations for poor old George.

The net saving of not being in the EU is £120 billion a year, that is after we spend what they give us back as well! This is a lot of money to play with. The £120 billion means that if they have to raise £30 billion there will be £90 billion left for them to squander. So with the saving made from not being in the EU, we will, in effect, have £90 billion to play with, even after poor old George has nicked £30 billion which we will suddenly need for some unknown reason!

You are a factor of 10 out.

http://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2016/06/05/how-to-vote-in-the-eu-referendum/

The size of the UKs annual economic activity was £1,800 billion in 2015.

The annual fees to the EU in 2015 were £18bn, but we get a rebate, after that the fees are £13bn, plus theres the money the EU spends in the UK; so what it actually costs us is £8.5bn.

The annual fees to the EU in 2015 were £18bn, but we get a rebate, after that the fees are £13bn, plus theres the money the EU spends in the UK; so what it actually costs us is £8.5bn.

Beat me to it.

So a *NET* cost of £164 million plus some small change per week?

I can't wait to see the fear in their eyes when the Brexit vote comes.

I hope your right but i still think we're going to lose, the polls have brexit ahead by a small margin but that doesn't include people who said they are undecided, most undecided people will vote for the status quo which means remaining will win by a fairly comfortable margin, it annoys me, alot of these undecided/in people I've spoken to are pretty much oblivious to what it's all about, or even the few facts regardless of what side your on, yet they are probably going to vote and that vote will be in simply because it's what they've always known. I can understand if someone is voting in after looking at the facts and coming to a conclusion (although it still amazes me when that leads to in). But when people can't even be bothered to look at it and then vote it gets me because that will affect me and those I love for many many years to come.

I hope your right but i still think we're going to lose, the polls have brexit ahead by a small margin but that doesn't include people who said they are undecided, most undecided people will vote for the status quo which means remaining will win by a fairly comfortable margin, it annoys me, alot of these undecided/in people I've spoken to are pretty much oblivious to what it's all about, or even the few facts regardless of what side your on, yet they are probably going to vote and that vote will be in simply because it's what they've always known. I can understand if someone is voting in after looking at the facts and coming to a conclusion (although it still amazes me when that leads to in). But when people can't even be bothered to look at it and then vote it gets me because that will affect me and those I love for many many years to come.

I am completely undecided as not one of the in / out campaign have got solid facts of what will happen if we leave or stay

The amount of money it costs the UK to be in the EU is, I believe, as the Brexit campaigners say! Any 'rebate' the EU gives us is not ours by right! it can be altered and/or withdrawn at any time by and at the discretion of the EU!!...........we have no right to it, the EU at present, give it back to us! (Allow us to withhold it!!) will it be thus in the future?

.............we all pay in, its our money! But whatever sum of money that does come back from the EU in the form of grants and subsidies.............we the ordinary citizens do not get it individually and have no input in to how or on what it's spent.

It's a sleight of hand con trick!

Vote 'remain' and vote for this con to continue or more likely get worse?

I am completely undecided as not one of the in / out campaign have got solid facts of what will happen if we leave or stay

No one is or can give you solid facts as to what will happen after an exit, there are however solid facts as to what being in EU brings as well as facts if we get out, you then need to make a decision yourself, you'll be told lies on both sides, what I was getting at is it annoys me where people have not looked at it and made an informed decision either way but are voting in for the simple reason that that's all they know. I think those people should stay at home regardless if they would vote in or out.