As promised.

First off: George is new -ish to 6&1/2s so before letting me place, or him accepting my order, he checked that having 6s stamped on the cartridge would be acceptable to me as the cost and delay in getting a small run of the correctly sized cases would incur time and cost penalties. I confirmed that this was not a problem - the boxes are correctly annotated.

E-mailed over the weekend to get an order update. First thing Monday I get a phone call - if you can let us know before noon these will be with you tomorrow. This I did and at 10:30 this morning they were on my doorstep. Now, what Joanne did not know was that I'm stuck in the house all day as the car is in the garage so I was well pleased. A good start. They were well packed, palletised and delivered by a reputable national carrier.

First impression: Not too shabby at all:

IMG_4250_zpsbrwwaz9h.jpg

That'll be game..........

I always open a new batch to do a pellet count for pattern testing, carefully opening the crimp so that I can put the pellets back in and close the crimp and then use them as the "from a previously fired barrel" bit. The count was spot on - 333. However, the quality, the consistency and the fact that when the inner counting tray was removed they ran true across the outer when tilted was outstanding:

IMG_4251_zpsddezxkrh.jpg

and set..........

Will post again after the pattern test

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

always use his hi speed 6,s and his 32g 4 1/2,s and 5 1/2,s they certainly drop crows clean,,

I will not use any other carts and have found George excellent to deal with,

always get a couple of thou when he,s my way

atb Evo

I suspect that is NOT what people will want to hear!

It's not what I wanted to see either. I can't give an accurate answer as it was obvious I wasn't going to get what I was looking for so scrubbed round it after a couple of shots with (all inv' + ext'd) Browning Full, Teague 5/8 and 3/4.

Oops!

Although even, they shoot very open. No matter what choke, I can't get beyond IC (49%). Going into a dark room for a think.

What velocity are they? Are they very fast? As that can blow the pattern which is potentially more of a problem with fibre wads as the shot is not protected at the muzzle unlike the cup of a plastic wad. I find I get my best patterns from my home loads with a muzzle velocity of 1250 to 1300 ft/sec when using fibre wads.

Well I can remember when George was developing this round and he sent it off to be proof tested.

I took some early versions out to test on live targets, these were 32g 5 1/2s and the first pigeon I shot was at 35 yds and was completely shredded.

I am struggling to work out why you may be seeing patterns like you are getting.

What distance were you shooting over Phil?

Well I can remember when George was developing this round and he sent it off to be proof tested.

I took some early versions out to test on live targets, these were 32g 5 1/2s and the first pigeon I shot was at 35 yds and was completely shredded.

I am struggling to work out why you may be seeing patterns like you are getting.

What distance were you shooting over Phil?

Patterning at a measured 40 yards. Just had a look at the few sheets that I kept. The patterns aren't blown in the cartwheel/doughnut sense and are Gaussian. Think I'll see what that nice Mr Teague can offer. There's a Full on offer here, just waiting to see if it's still up for grabs.

Feathers????:ninja: Chance would be a fine thing - they've somethingorother disappeared.