Legal shooters now supplying terrorists !!!

Walker570

I see a piece in the Telegraph today where Senior Police Officers are using the failure of them to get on top of crime, burglaries and terrorists are blaming legal owners of guns for supplying terrorists with arms. Scare tactics in the extreme and an obvious attempt to further restrictions on us law abiding people. Make sure your security is A1 because I would not put it past them to knock on your door unannounced to check security.

I think they are more worried about legal gun owners being approached and their guns stolen.We are a very easy target,for example I used to be out 3 nights a week with a 243 and about 30 rounds.Often till 3/4am,in the middle of nowhere.Plus the added fact that I foolishly had a BASC sticker on my car.Why break into my house,then have to break into 2 safes,when someone could simply follow me to my permissions and remove my gun on site.

I think they are more worried about legal gun owners being approached and their guns stolen.We are a very easy target,for example I used to be out 3 nights a week with a 243 and about 30 rounds.Often till 3/4am,in the middle of nowhere.Plus the added fact that I foolishly had a BASC sticker on my car.Why break into my house,then have to break into 2 safes,when someone could simply follow me to my permissions and remove my gun on site.

I'm totally against basc stickers as it's an open invite . A lad that used to work for me had a lamping foxes sticker on his van . Absolute idiot . I told him he will get his van wrecked by some body.

When I raced mx I never had a bike sticker on my van as it's telling the world I have bikes. I didn't want them stolen.

It's nothing to do with hiding our sport but protecting ourselves

Guns are so freely available in many parts of the world so why would they bother even trying to source them in the UK?. If drug dealers can smuggle shed loads of drugs into this country it can't be so hard to bring in a few AK47s.

Plus cigarettes, booze, and fake everything that you can think of comes in by the container load.

a friend of ours in the village whos parents lived in italy were moving back to england and was bringing his shot gun back with him.as his new house had no gun security or no uk gun lisence he needed to store it which i agreed to do as long as the apropiate paperwork for bringing the gun into the country was correct. his italian paperwork wasnt upto date so i was advised by ny police he would have to declare it at hull customs and hull police would take it until his uk aplication was validated.so he entered this country via north sea ferries and took gun and produced it to customs who said nowt to do with them and let him through with an unregisterd firearm to do what ever.he landed at my house with gun. by good coincedence my wifes shotgun was being renewed and firearms officer was at our hose at same time .he couldnt believe what had happened and put gun on my certificate and said he was contacting hull police and customs officials.gun still in my cabinet bloke moved on again and heard nothing else since and that was 3 years ago thats how easy to bring firearms into our country without smuggling

Sadly the usual tactic, hound and vilify the legal in society as easy targets at known locations?

Ignore the ones outside of the law as they present a challenge and require more effort?

The police will be the long term losers as more and more trust in their truthfulness is lost?

You only have to look at all of the shipping containers being brought in to this country every day to think what chance have the powers that be got of stopping anything from coming in if they was to look in one in four of them you would still stand a good chance of picking the wrong ones take that up to one in fifty probably more like it and they would not stand a chance in hell all that they can do is try to get someone in to the smuggling gangs and wate for them to tell them which container to look in its a joke really.

You only have to look at all of the shipping containers being brought in to this country every day to think what chance have the powers that be got of stopping anything from coming in if they was to look in one in four of them you would still stand a good chance of picking the wrong ones take that up to one in fifty probably more like it and they would not stand a chance in hell all that they can do is try to get someone in to the smuggling gangs and wate for them to tell them which container to look in its a joke really.

I feel certain that the 4 Border Control Officers are doing their best, with the possible exception of when 1 goes on leave ! :no:

I feel certain that the 4 Border Control Officers are doing their best, with the possible exception of when 1 goes on leave ! :no:

The problem is all of our governments gave up on our borders long ago they prefer to spend the money on the army fighting pointless wars in countries that most of us could not give a **** about rather than having proper numbers of people working at our borders be it ships or aircraft that is how you stop bad things happening in our country but what is the point no one is listening.

The problem is all of our governments gave up on our borders long ago they prefer to spend the money on the army fighting pointless wars in countries that most of us could not give a **** about rather than having proper numbers of people working at our borders be it ships or aircraft that is how you stop bad things happening in our country but what is the point no one is listening.

Sadly very true and look how much that meddling helps with our national security?

That's the history of our meritorious politicians for you, seemingly destruction from within?

A friend of mine has a share in a boat in Poole harbour and goes sailing across to France and sometimes further afield all the time. She has often commented that nobody ever checks them coming back in and that she could be making a fortune if she was that way inclined. In her case that's never going to happen but you have to think.

If its that obvious to us.....................

The Telegraph along with the [un]Independent are just as bad as the much critisised Daily Mail for their biased reporting .This is presented as serious "journalist". The same artical in the Sun would be described as "Shock horror scandal " sensationalism . As with the BBC that pillar of the politically correct ,green, anti , establishment people do not dismiss it as just that .