Court Rules Against Government: Article 50

guest1957

well well this is a turn up for the books, i have said it before i will say it again I cant see the UK leaving, they might call it leaving but in reality by the time its all sorted you wont really see any difference, come on no lesser person than Sir David Attenborough has hit the nail on the head this should be left to the "grown ups" not the sort of swivelled eyed lunatics that might put an X in a UKIP ballot.

As a pro European politician once said "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning".

And you're representing which side....the 'grown ups' ? 😂

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well well this is a turn up for the books, i have said it before i will say it again I cant see the UK leaving, they might call it leaving but in reality by the time its all sorted you wont really see any difference, come on no lesser person than Sir David Attenborough has hit the nail on the head this should be left to the "grown ups" not the sort of swivelled eyed lunatics that might put an X in a UKIP ballot.

As a pro European politician once said "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning".

I was starting to worry we might not leave the EU, but since every single one of your predictions has been completely wrong, I feel much more relieved now you said the opposite, I'm sure we'll be out in no time.

Sums it up for me:-

MPs celebrating the High Court ruling that Brexit cannot be triggered without a Westminster vote are implying the British people were too stupid and racist to have been entrusted with a vote in the EU referendum. By implication, they arrogantly think the decision should be left to wise, mature and enlightened MPs — such as those fools who voted Keith Vaz (a man caught offering to buy cocaine for rent boys) onto the Commons Justice Committee.

Well now the troll has turned up this thread is bound to be locked soon.

just because I don't hold the same view as you doesn't make me a troll, as I have said before "Trolls" are bullies who victimise the weak generally the fat ugly or stupid, that said do you fall into any of these definitions then my apologies for trolling you

just because I don't hold the same view as you doesn't make me a troll, as I have said before "Trolls" are bullies who victimise the weak generally the fat ugly or stupid, that said do you fall into any of these definitions then my apologies for trolling you

i dont get involved in the pw politics threads as im too stupid.

one thing i do know is that youre a troll and a bully chris , its the second time that ive seen you post that exact reply , its rude and offensive and you really need to learn some manners chap.

Lets nip this in the bud now,

We won't allow this to get personal so let's keep it civil,

If it does get personal then it will get closed and we will look at it to see if there is a pattern of people just posting to try and get the thread locked and if proven the people involved may have their access restricted,

KEEP IT CIVIL AND ON TOPIC

:shaun:

I hope Parlaiment go with the majority vote of the people who they gave the vote to,its the only just way.

The way I understand it was that parliament voted to hold the referendum, which was just that. Now that it has gone against the way they thought it would they are treating it as though it were a consensus.

Never have I heard such vitriol from the Bremainers towards those who voted to leave, and they have the guile to call us bigotted, racist, hateful, fearful, thick, uneducated. The list goes on, and it's that attitide and approach that leaves me in no doubt that the outcome was the right one. And if they think that by bullying us they can reverse the will of the people then they have another thing coming.

My patience may be plentiful but it is becoming stretched and they best learn to duck hard and fast when it does go as I will hold nothing back.

Serious question...

If this keeps going to higher and higher courts could it end up in a EU court ?

Yes ,however that is highly unlikely.

The main reason being,it would take that long for the EU machinery to get up to speed and process it ,that by the time it went before the court ,the EU would have collapsed anyway :lol:

It took 7 years to work out a trade tariff with Canada.

Chris I am well aware of your usual retort.

Unfortunately, you only seem to post in the political threads and have been rude and defamatory on many occaisions hence why many of us regard you as a troll!

Lets nip this in the bud now,

We won't allow this to get personal so let's keep it civil,

If it does get personal then it will get closed and we will look at it to see if there is a pattern of people just posting to try and get the thread locked and if proven the people involved may have their access restricted,

KEEP IT CIVIL AND ON TOPIC

:shaun:

Chris I am well aware of your usual retort.

Unfortunately, you only seem to post in the political threads and have been rude and defamatory on many occaisions hence why many of us regard you as a troll!

Look lets draw a line under this and as instructed keep it civil please stop making personal attacks on me

A parlementry vote it appears is the only way forward by the looks of it.

Most MPs are against leaving as a personal view. Perhaps they should vote in line with the referendum result in their constituancy. It would seem fairer.

Don't know the maths but it may change the

At the referendum everyone (and that does include MPs!), were asked their opinion on whether we should stay in or leave. Now as it happens, the vast majority of MPs did vote to stay, as was their right.

However there was a majority to leave, and so yes the MPs SHOULD follow the views of the constituencies now. If they don't we will then vote them out of office at the first instance we can. The only problem as I can see it was as far as I remember the referendum areas weren't in line with constituency areas, so an MP might have half his constituency having voted remain, and the other half voting leave.

MPs know which way the majority of the electorate voted and should honour that.

Gordon I think you are in cloud cuckoo land, how often have most MPs voted as their electorate have wanted.

Unfortunately I feel that this is the end of Brexit, whether hard or soft.

By going along the route of parliament needing to vote upon the instigation of article 50 and all the negotiated points that would lead to a break from the EU we will never leave.

So much for democracy and the will of the people.

Hopefully this will clear up the meaning of "Troll" as far as most of us are concerned and Wikipedia.

Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtrl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement.

So no mention of appearance or stature just causing others grief.

Edited by sportsbob

All of us whichever side you leant towards think we know statute...we don't...it should be left to those elected on our behalf to sort out this unholy mess and they should follow the proper parliamentary procedures as have evolved since William the first set foot on our shores 950 years ago and King John signed the Magna Carta Libertatum 400 years ago.

I believe we will be free of European Union only in an administrative capacity but not in any other way and for many years. Canada took 7 years to barter a deal and I believe the remaining EU countries are going make this a long drawn out and painful process.

It strikes me that all those who voted out for the reason that Britain could regain its sovereignty are perhaps being a little hypocritical in rejecting that rightful and proper process now.

25 years from now, I believe we will still have a migrant problem ( moths always fly towards the light) the pound will still fluctuate, the sun will still come up and we will be no better off in any tangible way.

I fear we will never win the Eurovision song contest again ........which hurts.

BTW its easy to accuse someone whose opinion is contrary to yours as being a Troll but that just makes you a Bigot in the literal sense of the word.

Edited by Adge Cutler

Adge - I voted out for a number of reasons and I don't think leaving the EU will automatically solve all problems. We are a net contributor to the EU and will cease to subsidise other countries in the EU - whereas we continue to dish out overseas aid like confetti.

The electorate have voted - just what gives Remainers the right to ridicule and cast aspersions? Arrogance - nothing else.

Adge - I voted out for a number of reasons and I don't think leaving the EU will automatically solve all problems. We are a net contributor to the EU and will cease to subsidise other countries in the EU - whereas we continue to dish out overseas aid like confetti.

The electorate have voted - just what gives Remainers the right to ridicule and cast aspersions? Arrogance - nothing else.

We are British famed for our benevolence...that's what we do.

I don't think anyone is ridiculing anyone to be blunt.. :no:

It strikes me that all those who voted out for the reason that Britain could regain its sovereignty are perhaps being a little hypocritical in rejecting that rightful and proper process now.

But is it the correct process? Whilst it seems likely that Parliament should vote on a Bill that will ultimately remove us from the EU (and I don't really object to that so long as the will of the people is followed). Why should the current government have to lay out it's plans for what will follow?

Ignoring the fact that it's idiotic to let all and sundry know exactly what we're hoping to achieve from the negotiations there is also the point made by Jacob Rees-Mog that when Cameron went to attempt to negotiate with the EU prior to the referendum he wasn't expected to lay out in fine detail what he would be asking for. Why should this be any different?

We have a government that was elected by a majority of voters. The Conservative party, in their manifesto said they would offer a referendum and although it was not to be binding in law the party would follow through on the result. MPs then voted with a 6-1 result in favour to allow the referendum. The vote went ahead and resulted in a vote for leave.

Ignoring the lies and half truths from the campaigns, everything has been done in a legal and democratic fashion. It's time the MPs voted to allow the government to start the process of leaving. Those that are pushing for a "soft" Brexit should just get used to the fact that that is not what we voted for and if they wish to retain their seats in the next GE they had better get with the program or start looking for alternative work. All they are doing is stirring further resentment and creating more uncertainty when they should be pulling together to make Brexit work.

Btw, the only hypocrits in this process are the politicians who have, for the last 40 years or so, been giving away our sovereign rights. Now that they have to follow through on something they don't really want to do, they themselves are bleating about sovereignty. Talk about irony.

All of us whichever side you leant towards think we know statute...we don't...it should be left to those elected on our behalf to sort out this unholy mess and they should follow the proper parliamentary procedures as have evolved since William the first set foot on our shores 950 years ago and King John signed the Magna Carta Libertatum 400 years ago.

I believe we will be free of European Union only in an administrative capacity but not in any other way and for many years. Canada took 7 years to barter a deal and I believe the remaining EU countries are going make this a long drawn out and painful process.

25 years from now, I believe we will still have a migrant problem ( moths always fly towards the light) the pound will still fluctuate, the sun will still come up and we will be no better off in any tangible way.

I fear we will never win the Eurovision song contest again ........which hurts.

BTW its easy to accuse someone whose opinion is contrary to yours as being a Troll but that just makes you a Bigot in the literal sense of the word.

Which parliamentary or even democratic process did William the conqueror follow Adge ?

Likewise King John ? 400 years ago !! A pal of Oliver Cromwell perhaps ? :rolleyes:

Both tyrants hated by friend and foe alike.

And to mention Magna Carta,a document supposed to give more freedoms to the common man, and which was virtually immediately ignored has an irony to it that is quite laughable.

Second point ,how many democratic processes do you require to be satisfied that this is the will of the people ?

As for having a migrant problem in 25 years ?

Do bears defecate in the woods ?

If this country is still in reasonable shape in 25 years,then it will still be a magnet for economic migrants.

What has that got to do with the democratic process of Brexit ?

Lastly, 'BTW its easy to accuse someone whose opinion is contrary to yours as being a Troll but that just makes you a Bigot in the literal sense of the word.'

No one on here accuses people of being a troll for that reason,they get called it because there are certain people who pop out of the woodwork with boring regularity, to stir up trouble and set off heated debates with their 'higher intelligence' and 'enlightened moral perspective'

If anything it shows the opposite to me.