Firearms Licensing

Whitebridges

It's an outrage! TVP state on their website 60 days for grant of SGC.

is it not time that the various shooting organisations worked togeather and help its members, with this appalling lack of service.

If other forces can provide a professional service why can't all forces work effectively.?

David, BASC, are you in a position to comment?

Suggestion- if we could organise a concerted effort, and we all write to our Police Commisioners asking them to look at performance of our own police forces,perhaps things may improve? If we were to do this AND copy your MP in on letter, things could change for the better, rather quickly.

It's better than putting up with a very poor service. P C are elected!

Malcolm

It's an outrage! TVP state on their website 60 days for grant of SGC.

is it not time that the various shooting organisations worked togeather and help its members, with this appalling lack of service.

If other forces can provide a professional service why can't all forces work effectively.?

David, BASC, are you in a position to comment?

Suggestion- if we could organise a concerted effort, and we all write to our Police Commisioners asking them to look at performance of our own police forces,perhaps things may improve? If we were to do this AND copy your MP in on letter, things could change for the better, rather quickly.

It's better than putting up with a very poor service. P C are elected!

Malcolm

60 days for a grant my stepson waited 10 months and got it last week

It's a truly appalling service in some areas

One would think a backlog of 5/6 months would warrant training another member of staff

Just wondering how many a day are going through at £50 a go ?

Perhaps if it was running as a business 😗 Someone would realise if they were fast and efficient we may put in for more variation =more £££££

Currently into my second month of temporary fac expanding ammunition lodged with rfd

😡😡😡

Rfd could have been selling more guns (upgrades/replacement) more revenue for the economy

Or maybe it's a ploy to stop people having them 🤔

Just my thoughts

All the best

Of

Sorry, these figures look jack-a-nory to me.

I applied for a shotgun grant in Essex on the 24 October 2105, cheque was cashed within the week, and was told 40 weeks. I had the visit on the 1st July and was told "very straight forward, recommended for approval, should be a couple of weeks". Still waiting, called the department and told its in the next box being dealt with, please don't call for another 4weeks. So 53 weeks so far, and still no sign of it. If they were honest with people and told the real time for the process I think people would be more understanding, telling them 40 weeks and taking more than a year is a joke.

Sorry, these figures look jack-a-nory to me.

I applied for a shotgun grant in Essex on the 24 October 2105, cheque was cashed within the week, and was told 40 weeks. I had the visit on the 1st July and was told "very straight forward, recommended for approval, should be a couple of weeks". Still waiting, called the department and told its in the next box being dealt with, please don't call for another 4weeks. So 53 weeks so far, and still no sign of it. If they were honest with people and told the real time for the process I think people would be more understanding, telling them 40 weeks and taking more than a year is a joke.

As it says " Some forces , especially the poor performers, may massage the figures, so don't believe everything in the table".

Best to get a copy of the ST if you want to understand the article in context.

Greater Manchester don't appear either. Still clearing up a backlog, but were amongst the fastest prior to the re-examination exercise.

David Frost who wrote the article say's and I quote " .........and Greater Manchester ( 12th Worst ) didn't reply".

It seems that it is not mandatory that all forces keep and maintain data for this purpose.

Currently into my second month of temporary fac expanding ammunition lodged with rfd

😡😡😡

Of

Can I ask if you were told to do this by your licensing authority?

Two of my mates were never told to do this, and I currently have two S7's ( one for each ticket ) with expiry dates of May, and am holding expanding ammo with the full knowledge of my licensing authority, but they haven't mentioned it at all.

Can I ask if you were told to do this by your licensing authority?

Two of my mates were never told to do this, and I currently have two S7's ( one for each ticket ) with expiry dates of May, and am holding expanding ammo with the full knowledge of my licensing authority, but they haven't mentioned it at all.

Wasn't told to

However as there's no provision on s7 and there was a visit to consider I felt that I should abide by the terms of the temporary certificate and felt it prudent to lodge it with local RFD

Who knows it maybe a test

Or maybe I'm a bit synical