Irresposible Driving

Brodie

I can see the ops point totally . They are meant to be professional drivers and at speed going through a red light needs lots of attention. What If they had hit someone ?

Everyone gets 2 minutes to chuck food down their neck at some point ;)

I've known me eat a bag of crisps in 15 seconds lol so I ca carry on

If they are going through a RED light and hit somebody, they WILL be prosecuted. They make that decision and then have to endure any consequences.

personally think the law is totally wrong , A motorist has been fined £145 and given three penalty points after she was caught eating a banana behind the wheel of her car

so whats more dangerous whilst driving eating or smoking well my mate got done eating a bag of crisps when driving i think it would be more dangerous to drop the end of a ciggy on ya nads or get smoke in ya eyes than a crisp and whilst smoking youve hand off the wheel just the same so not in full control

Edited by remmy1100

I once got a Fixed Penalty Notice from a Chief Inspector for going through a red light at 92mph in a 40 zone. I was asked to explain with the final comment of; "This had better be good!"

I returned the FPN along with a photograph of the vehicle that had triggered the camera just before I did. It showed a stolen Transit van with the owner clinging onto the windscreen wiper and door mirror while standing on the front bumper. I just wrote: "Sir. Is this good enough?" Never heard another word.

He didn't know that I was peeling an orange at the time :ninja:

Quite a few years ago a woman was seen by a newish plod on the Sunderland to Newcastle road eating an apple. He wasn't mobile at the time so he called in a traffic car which was a long way off. So the traffic cop called out the helicopter (which was airborne at the time and low on fuel, so the helo pilot called out the Northumbria spotter plane. (don't know if they still have one).

The woman was caught but at what cost ? anyhoos she chose to go to court where she was given a warning. The beak then went to town on the cops for what he called a gross over reaction and wasting of police resources and money.

Apple eating Eve was in the wrong but who would have thought the cops would have gone to those lengths.

He should have finished his lunch first, then gone to save someone's life afterwards. That few minutes probably wouldn't have made much difference, and if it did, then at least the person who died could rest easy knowing the driver wasn't eating and driving. :no:

Is this all some people have to worry about?

Quite a few years ago a woman was seen by a newish plod on the Sunderland to Newcastle road eating an apple. He wasn't mobile at the time so he called in a traffic car which was a long way off. So the traffic cop called out the helicopter (which was airborne at the time and low on fuel, so the helo pilot called out the Northumbria spotter plane. (don't know if they still have one).

The woman was caught but at what cost ? anyhoos she chose to go to court where she was given a warning. The beak then went to town on the cops for what he called a gross over reaction and wasting of police resources and money.

Apple eating Eve was in the wrong but who would have thought the cops would have gone to those lengths.

Is this an actual case that has been recorded and published or an(other) urban myth?