New £5 notes are not vegan!!

norfolk dumpling

.....and neither are car tyres (apart from Michelin). Just heard on R2 (JV) trace elements of tallow are present in the new notes and vegans are refusing to accept the new notes. Wow, with all that is happening in this crazy world is this a news item? Apparently aside from refusing leather car interiors these people will only accept Michelin tyres.

Child abuse, Syria, directors pay, Trump, Brexit, Toblerone chocolate and now animal products included in the manufacturing of our bank notes. How do we sleep at night?

I wonder if we will have a Vegan uprising like they did when the rifle cartridges were soaked in animal fat in India.

Was that not just a nasty rumour put around by nasty people who wanted to start a mutiny. Or so my history lessons told me. Mind you that was more than a tad ago, so who knows what the Indian compen chasers have discovered.

Despite how ridiculous I think refusing to use bank notes that aren't vegan is, I can't see a problem with people standing up for their own beliefs so long as it doesn't impact mine and others rights and enjoyments, so I have no issue with it really and if notes are changed so what. While on this theme however I belive all halal meat should be banned or at the very minimum should be marked as such to allow people to make an informed decision on it.

Despite how ridiculous I think refusing to use bank notes that aren't vegan is, I can't see a problem with people standing up for their own beliefs so long as it doesn't impact mine and others rights and enjoyments, so I have no issue with it really and if notes are changed so what. While on this theme however I belive all halal meat should be banned or at the very minimum should be marked as such to allow people to make an informed decision on it.

I agree re people standing up to their own beliefs, but it tickles me when the "halal meat" debate is raised! I've not met a single person yet who has supported a ban but still supports their local curry house! :)

Vegans, like most frothy mouthed extremists, haven't thought their life choice, itself a product of a modern, meat consuming enabled society, through.

They need to have a good, clear look at the end result of a totally vegan world. This is a world of enormous monocultures, far worse than those of today, vast swathes of deforestation turned over to Soya and palm oil production and, most importantly, a world utterly devoid of chickens, goats, sheep, cattle, pigs, turkeys and numerous other beasts.

For if we're not going to eat them there is simply no need to breed or have them, accept maybe a few as novelties. Besides, we need that land for agriculture and crop.

Muesli knitting numpties.

While I haven't an issue with them being manufactured differently in future I feel we should use the ones currently in circulation. Otherwise it just adds unnecessary expense.

I wasnt actually meaning print new.. It would be a complete waste of money.. Vegans handle products that have animal byproducts in them every day and dont bat an eyelid.

This is a non news story.

.....and neither are car tyres (apart from Michelin). Just heard on R2 (JV) trace elements of tallow are present in the new notes and vegans are refusing to accept the new notes. Wow, with all that is happening in this crazy world is this a news item? Apparently aside from refusing leather car interiors these people will only accept Michelin tyres.

Child abuse, Syria, directors pay, Trump, Brexit, Toblerone chocolate and now animal products included in the manufacturing of our bank notes. How do we sleep at night?

Anyone upset or unhappy about receiving these notes please ..... Send them to me and I will dispose of them safely.

Vegans, like most frothy mouthed extremists, haven't thought their life choice, itself a product of a modern, meat consuming enabled society, through.

They need to have a good, clear look at the end result of a totally vegan world. This is a world of enormous monocultures, far worse than those of today, vast swathes of deforestation turned over to Soya and palm oil production and, most importantly, a world utterly devoid of chickens, goats, sheep, cattle, pigs, turkeys and numerous other beasts.

For if we're not going to eat them there is simply no need to breed or have them, accept maybe a few as novelties. Besides, we need that land for agriculture and crop.

Muesli knitting numpties.

Well said,let them walk everywhere & starve......idiots.