Concert Photography

Fuji Shooter

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I rarely venture into the 'office topic' section but was prompted to do so by a prominent PW member.

What was FuJi thinking about when he made that post? Whilst he remains anonymous he must realise that his credibility has disappeared.

When I joined PW one member was being vilified for posting non contemporaneous pictures of decent bags of pigeons. He soon resigned from the forum. We may have seen the last of Fuji.

It's always odd when things like this happen, and the motivations for it are anyone's guess.

To put it in perspective though, whilst strange, this wasnt malicious or done with a view to personal gain - there have been instances in the past of people falsely claiming to be very ill and coming up with all sorts of tall tales of hardship and drama and then miraculously finding themselves able to accept and enjoy offers of days shooting, free kit etc.

This wasnt one of those.

It's always odd when things like this happen, and the motivations for it are anyone's guess.

To put it in perspective though, whilst strange, this wasnt malicious or done with a view to personal gain - there have been instances in the past of people falsely claiming to be very ill and coming up with all sorts of tall tales of hardship and drama and then miraculously finding themselves able to accept and enjoy offers of days shooting, free kit etc.

This wasnt one of those.

yeah....thats fair comment.................lonliness and low self esteem maybe....................anyway he isnt the first and wont be the last........................but the silly thing is if he came clean i rekon he would get a lot of support...cause the majority of people on here are good that way.....

yeah....thats fair comment.................lonliness and low self esteem maybe....................anyway he isnt the first and wont be the last........................but the silly thing is if he came clean i rekon he would get a lot of support...cause the majority of people on here are good that way.....

+1 live and let live.

This wasnt one of those.

Ive got piles , can someone please take me deer stalking for free ? :-)

Yep , nobody on here would dream of taking the mickey , just ask burnley dave :-)

This wasnt one of those.

You're right. This is odd, but not malicious IMO.

Not sure what you mean about people claiming various ailments in order to get a whipround though. Next you'll be telling me those same people are on other forums claiming to be rich landowners, and yet other forums claiming to be poor to get cheap kit of other members. All seems a bit fishy to me.

Edited by walshie

Next you'll be telling me those same people are on other forums claiming to be rich landowners, and yet other forums claiming to be poor to get cheap kit of other members. All seems a bit fishy to me.

It certainly whiffs of something - could be bacon...

Got any proof of that??? :lol::lol::lol:

I don't make anything then anything goes wrong I can blame someone else :good::)

The frightening thing is, I haven't! Only pics and the finished product in my cupboard. Nothing to actually prove I did it. Maybe the piece of ebony on butt grip that falconFN sent to me but still not enough proof. Haha

As a keen amateur photographer myself it's completely astonishing as to why FS did this? I had to read this thread twice

To get my head around what was going on!? I can't believe it; why would you cheat yourself?

From my point of view, I see images constantly I wish I had taken... but practice and investment in time, glass and equipment, long term should give me those result. For now, I personally get on with the great kit I've got to try and make the best images I can - I wouldnt dream in a month of Sundays to post images from any other photographer, let alone a photographer who has, from what I've read, such a large, quality portfolio?

I hope FS does state why he did this - I personally won't look down on him as I'm sure there is a legitimate explanation? Let's hope he doesn't do it again and just gets on with images he takes.

Dave