Foreign Aid To China ???

longspoon

Apparently the government intend spending £1.3 billion on social care for Chinese elderly and improving growth in " middle income " countries ?

As a taxpayer, I resent sending our money abroad to a rapidly emerging economy such as China....have the government not noticed the NHS is under-funded and in crisis ?

This government need to get real....spend at home, we are not a never ending supply of money to those we wish to curry favour with !

How many times to people have to say it.

It's not foreign aid, it's a massive backhander. It's how a lot of the world works and how we grease the wheels.

I've said it on here plenty of time as have others. Once you accept that fact it's much easier to swallow.

But I suppose that gets in the way or having a big rant or a moan!

Taking it as a back hander/greasing wheels, wot will the Uk ever gain out of it??

Idon't imagine we export much to china (and wot we do is probably being striped down so they can copy it and sell it for less) and i can't imagine us selling arms to China either which is probably wot most of this 'aid' is for. So its not like there buying much off us and i inmagine they export a massive ammount to us, can't see how any back handers will help with that.

Surely they should be giving us money/aid instead?

i often here people say its not foreign aid, its backhanders, on other forums, aswell as this, ive been hearing it for years

there was a gift a few years ago of 850 mill to help school facilities in Pakistan, our schools were struggling and people were being taught in corridors.

I don't believe it is backhanders, I need more than just a vague belief, that becomes an urban myth.

I think foreign aid is a disgusting insult to people of this country,

its been enshrined in law by the crackpot Cameron to give away 0.7 percent of our gdp for eternity.

show me some evidence that its a small token to get massive contracts.

It's not foreign aid, it's a massive backhander. It's how a lot of the world works and how we grease the wheels.

I've said it on here plenty of time as have others. Once you accept that fact it's much easier to swallow.

Be as euphemistic as you like with your definition, but the fact remains, we are squandering taxpayers money when it should be spent in this country.

I am surprised you are aquiescent to backhanders.

I would imagine this is a way of using the money from the foreign aid pot as part of a much bigger trade deal which has gone on behind closed doors. Don't forget China have just invested a large proportion of the 18bn for Hinckley.

Personally it seems money better spent than some of the other counties we seem to squander it on that offer absolutely nothing in return.

+1 above, The numbers i heard the chinese where going to make a massive ammount of profit from there investment.

I can understand if the aid went to a country that their government would possibly buy something of our government (say like planes or arms) but the UK actually produces so lttle nowadays i just don't see it.

:good:

It's not foreign aid, it's legalised corruption. This is how Capitalism works, the few making huge hay whilst making the rest believe their troubles are down to someone else sponging off their toils.

While you're all whinging about money being sent to all these far flung corners :| contracts are being signed that benefit a tiny minority on both sides. It's not the Chinese, Indian or African's fault, it is your OWN government.

There are other issues apart from shooting related that are important to members !

Oh, right. Maybe we should consider having an "Off Topic" section to accommodate such discussion.

My original point being that this topic comes up again and again and pretty much exactly the same points are made.

:good:

It's not foreign aid, it's legalised corruption. This is how Capitalism works, the few making huge hay whilst making the rest believe their troubles are down to someone else sponging off their toils.

While you're all whinging about money being sent to all these far flung corners :| contracts are being signed that benefit a tiny minority on both sides. It's not the Chinese, Indian or African's fault, it is your OWN government.

Spot on

Oh, right. Maybe we should consider having an "Off Topic" section to accommodate such discussion.

My original point being that this topic comes up again and again and pretty much exactly the same points are made.

No it does not, glib comments only show the fascile nature of your post, sorry it did not include such vitally important queries as the muzzle velocity of a Remmington 1100, get real !

What part of off topic posts being fine in off topic are you having trouble with? None of my posts have been remotely to do with that.

To clarify (again), my post was an observation about the same old bones being chewed over by the same people.