Nice areas in England?

wildfowler.250

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can go anywhere and do the type of work that you do so that is easy to accommodate. I know that it might sound strange but I have known some Scots that have moved down here and find it difficult to acclimatise to the different climate that we have down here. A friend did woodworking courses and the Highlands and islands board sent this bloke down and he thought that it was like the tropics. Even in the cold weather he was walking around with just a T shirt on, like he came from Newcastle or some other god forsaken hole up North, (seen Newcastle fans at football matches with no shirts in the snow). (Perhaps they are poor and can't afford clothes). I remember going up to Liverpool and it was cold with snow and ice. We drove back and it was really mild down here, like a nice spring day. I think that we had a few flakes of snow one day this winter and it sometimes rains a little. Another thing that might be a bit weird to you is that the days would seem to be long. It gets light at seven in the morning in the winter and dark at about four thirty.not much dark night hours in the summer which makes for only a few hours of lamping. Wherever you might go to, family will be a distance away. If the other half likes the city, there is London and everything that goes with it. And it isn't far to jump on the Eurostar or a ferry and nip over to France. There's no shooting of any sort down here and it takes about two years to get a cert renewal. Take a trip down but be careful not to get too close to the edge or else you might fall over the edge.

You can go anywhere and do the type of work that you do so that is easy to accommodate. I know that it might sound strange but I have known some Scots that have moved down here and find it difficult to acclimatise to the different climate that we have down here. A friend did woodworking courses and the Highlands and islands board sent this bloke down and he thought that it was like the tropics. Even in the cold weather he was walking around with just a T shirt on, like he came from Newcastle or some other god forsaken hole up North, (seen Newcastle fans at football matches with no shirts in the snow). (Perhaps they are poor and can't afford clothes). I remember going up to Liverpool and it was cold with snow and ice. We drove back and it was really mild down here, like a nice spring day. I think that we had a few flakes of snow one day this winter and it sometimes rains a little. Another thing that might be a bit weird to you is that the days would seem to be long. It gets light at seven in the morning in the winter and dark at about four thirty.not much dark night hours in the summer which makes for only a few hours of lamping. Wherever you might go to, family will be a distance away. If the other half likes the city, there is London and everything that goes with it. And it isn't far to jump on the Eurostar or a ferry and nip over to France. There's no shooting of any sort down here and it takes about two years to get a cert renewal. Take a trip down but be careful not to get too close to the edge or else you might fall over the edge.

You do know that Scotland has longer summer days than down south, so it's lighter longer during the summer?

Cracking walks accross dartmoor, exmoor, quantocks and blackdown hills just 20 mins or less away. Dorset, Wiltshire and obviously Cornwall all within easy reach. Coutryside in this area is lovely and lots of villages (and their pubs!) To discover.Bath as well along with the royal show is easy enough to get to.

You appear to have missed Devon from your list. :lol:

Cracking walks accross dartmoor, exmoor, quantocks and blackdown hills just 20 mins or less away. Dorset, Wiltshire and obviously Cornwall all within easy reach. Coutryside in this area is lovely and lots of villages (and their pubs!) To discover.Bath as well along with the royal show is easy enough to get to.

You appear to have missed Devon from your list. :lol:

I close my eyes driving through Devon - I don't really believe it exists just on the basis of the whole jam/cream thing, nobody can be that wrong surely?

(Also - woops!)