Time for a new pair of shoes

Guest stevo

Guest stevo

well the time has finally come to retire the Loakes Brogues , I have had my old pair for as long as I care to remember , bought them for shooting and general knocking about in but the day has finally come to and end ,

well just got a new pair of Loake Chester brogues ( 1880 Range , the original hand made jobbys ) I must say prices have certainly gone up since my last pair haha

now £230.00

does anyone else wear them , if so how long have you had the for ? think mine were 15 yrs old maybe 16

I have bought some of the ones below in Tan

mens_Loake_Chester_CHE_shoes_Tan_Burnish

Edited by stevo

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stevo

i know what you mean Jdog , mine will now live in the wardobe ,

have to say ,to me there the most comfortable shoes , concidering there all leather , soles as well . There like wearing slippers

Dam it looks like mine are becoming rather common.

A nice shoe, class never goes out of fashion.

my granddad always used to say " you can tell a lot about a man just by his shoes "

Guest stevo

Used to wear them in my late teens but that leather sole is dangerously slippy. Looking to get a pair of brogues with the Danite sole this year can't decide on make yet. Like the look and feel of the Cheaney's.

a up figgy , you can get the above shoes with the Goodyear sole too , I just like the sound these shoes make , I know that may sound daft ,

need to take the to shop and get the steels tips on the heels over the weekend ,

Used to wear them in my late teens but that leather sole is dangerously slippy. Looking to get a pair of brogues with the Danite sole this year can't decide on make yet. Like the look and feel of the Cheaney's.

I have a couple of pairs of Crocket & Jones "coniston" make ...when i took possesion of them i had Danite soles put on them...still have them now ...just wore in bought them for partridge days 15 years ago ...

Went to a shoe shop 2 weeks ago in wales, they are closing down, and I picked up *6* pairs of shows for <£250.

Loake, Trickers and Grenson's -- all leather soles, beautiful shoes -- mostly 'fair weather' ones, while the Rimmer's are definitely all weather.

yxTPSOU.jpg

0ep2M9u.jpg?1

You know what they say about people with big shoes ?[/quote

Yeah' that they have big feet lol.

Them Loakes look really good.I wear. Ted baker brogues for going out and paid £160 for them. Used to be a real shoe and trainer freak and bought all the in Style brands from Steely Dans,DM'S,caterpillar boots and the New Rock boots.

Don't think I splash out over £200 on shoes these days though.

I keep my brogues in good nick by rubbing Dubbin on them.