Over rated films

washerboy

I would take The Revenant and Hateful 8 anyday over the usual boring, brain dead, predictable Hollywood blockbusters that get churned out relentlessly. Yes both films are a bit long, but they are beautifully shot, well acted and feature some stunning set pieces. The opening battle scene in The Revenant is really well done. I agree that H8 could have done with some heavy editing, but the last act is classic Tarantino, incredibly tense and violent plus brilliant dialogue.

Deadpool is the most recent one for me. I know a lot of people loved it but if you aren't into superheroes the references and in jokes are flat, and the main character becomes deeply irritating within minutes.

Couldn't agree more

If I am allowed to add TV to the thread, can I put Mrs Browns Boys in room 101.

No

I would take The Revenant and Hateful 8 anyday over the usual boring, brain dead, predictable Hollywood blockbusters that get churned out relentlessly. Yes both films are a bit long, but they are beautifully shot, well acted and feature some stunning set pieces. The opening battle scene in The Revenant is really well done. I agree that H8 could have done with some heavy editing, but the last act is classic Tarantino, incredibly tense and violent plus brilliant dialogue.

+1 on the Revenant. I thought it a brilliant film.

Virtually everything the Film luvies adore is absolute carp. The Hateful 8 The Revenant both I never got past half an hour in. I find around 70% of the fins I try to watch are rubbish the other 30% made up of ok to pass some time and maybe one or two a year that I think are good.

If

Ah the Revenant; what a dreadful slog that was.

Tarantinos last one, I didn't make it to the end even on fast forward.

+1 on the revenant,the original was a good film.

Anything with Steven Seagull in it!!!!.........dire!

+1 exactly what he said

Hairspray, seriously naff.

Anything with Jean Claude Van Damme in it, including the Coors adverts.

+1

Started to watch one on now tv,best way to get to sleep ever,no idea what it was,might be my age though